It’s the 13th already? How the time just flies by, it will be August before we know it and there is still so much I have to do. And that’s inside, outside and at my desk. Trying different things on the blog, so if you see bits appear and then disappear, you know I am tinkering, albeit in my Scatteredway.
❖And I have a question for you all. How important is it for you to have a review blog with one reviewer or multiple reviewers? When a review blog has more than one reviewer, do you remember the individual reviewers name or just the review? This inquiring mind wants to know….thanks.
I have several winner announcements to make. The winners of the following contests are (all have been notified):
- Of Madeleine Ribbon’s “Faire Protector“Contest: the winner is JeanReads2
- Of Mina MacLeod’s Swords,Sorcery and Sundry Contest: the winner is felinewyvern
- Of B.A. Tortuga’s Wolf Run: the winner is JillP
- Of Eden Winter’s Diversion Tour: the winner is Karen R.
- Of Havan Fellows’ Hidden Needs Tour: the winner is Allison H.
- Eric Thompson’s “Absolute” Book Tour & contest: the winner is Serena
More to come. Congratulations to all the winners. Thank you to everyone who left comments and participated. You rock my world! RJ Scott’s contest is still open so don’t forget to drop by and leave a comment to be entered into her terrific giveaway.
I have been reading lots of new authors, to me at any rate. Rory Ni Coiliean, Lou Sylvre, and Charley Descoteaux in advance of some upcoming book tours and I can’t wait to share some of their stories with you. I am also reading the next in Kendall McKenna’s Strength of the Pack series, Strength the Mate, and its blowing me away. Look for my review this Saturday.
What can’t I share? Riptide has made me promise not to talk about Aleksandr Voinov’s final story in the Scorpion series, A Taste For Poison. But do I love this story? Yes. Do I love this character and series? Absolutely. Not a romance by any means but that’s fine. That term doesn’t work for a story as brutal at times as this has been. But it is so outstanding that I would more readers would find it and spread the word. I am also reading, viewing, whatever you do with a photograph non fiction book, a book of photographs taken of different drag queens called, appropriately dr.a.g. (bookthefilm edition). The pictures by various photographers are glorious as are the drag performers inside. I can’t wait to share my review of that with you as well.
But enough of what’s still in progress, here is the week I have planned for you all this week:
Monday, July 14:
- On Tour with SE Jakes and her latest release Running Wild (contest)
- Book Blast with SA McAuley and “Damaged Package” Tour and Contest
Tuesday, July 15:
- T.A. Chase’s Mountains to Climb “What’s His Passion?” Imprint Book Tour/Contest
- Audio Book Tour: Tara Lain’s The Pack or the Panther Tour/Contest
- Review: Running Wild by SE Jakes
Wednesday, July 16:
- On Tour with L.A. Witt and Noble Metals, a Steampunk Romance (contest)
- Review: Noble Metals by L.A. Witt
Thursday, July 17:
- In the Author Spotlight: Angel Martinez and her Endangered Fae series (contest)
- Book Blast: Jennifer Cie’s Down On The Other Street Story Collection (contest)
Friday, July 18:
- Diana DeRicci’s “Not Quite Broken” Book Blast and Contest
- Does Size Matter? Find out with Sean Michael’s Size Matters Book Tour/Contest
Saturday, July 19:
- Review: Strength of the Mate by Kendall McKenna
I want to leave you all with two summer cocktails to drink if you are watching the World Soccer Cup in Brazil or just hanging out. Whether your teams lost or in the finals, here are two drinks for you:
Created by St. Germain
1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc or Dry White Wine
1 cup St-Germain
2 Fresh Peaches
5-6 Fresh Strawberries
6 Fresh Raspberries
1 bunch Fresh Grapes
Stir ingredients in a pitcher or carafe. Soak for approximately 15 minutes (or longer if desired). Serve in an ice-filled glass, then telephone your physician and regale him with stories of your exemplary fruit consumption. Serve with St-Germain spoon-straws to enjoy the fruit while drinking
SVEDKA Mango Carnivale
Created by SVEDKA
1 ½ oz. SVEDKA Mango Pineapple
½ oz. SVEDKA Vanilla
½ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
½ oz. Simple Syrup
8-10 Mint Leaves
3-4 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
Combine mint leaves, simple syrup and fresh lime juice in a Collins glass. Add crushed ice and swizzle. Fill three quarters of the glass with more crushed ice and add SVEDKA Mango Pineapple and SVEDKA Vanilla-then swizzle again. Top with crushed ice and then float a layer of bitters on top. Garnish with mint sprigs.