Sunday is upon us once more. How quickly it seems to come around each week. Normally I would be outside planting, weeding, enjoying the gardens and the dogs but the sounds I hear lately remind me that fall is coming and preparations need to be made. The whites, yellows and purples associated with late summer, early fall flowers are out in full force. The “Daisy Mae:” Daisies are hanging in there, the Black-Eyed Susans have thwarted the deer, and the purples of liriope, False Dragonhead, and Great Blue Lobelias are just starting to make their presence known.
Overhead flocks of Canada Geese and Snow geese are reforming, heading to the marshes surrounding the Bay in huge masses, reading for migration and winter. My feeders are being emptied at an astonishing rate after piddling interest all summer long. Some leaves have started falling, and the sunlight has that slanted, cooler look to it that proclaims that the Summer Solstice has passed and it is filtering the landscape through an autumnal lens.
The pruning shears are out, the mulch bags waiting for someone other than me to cover the beds. The hummingbirds are still here, the feeders still full, and the offerings in the yard are getting scarcer by the day.
It also means that GRL is fast approaching in October and I hope soon to be able to make an announcement about a new reviewer here at ScatteredThoughtsandRogueWords. I love fall. Its every bit as beautiful to me as Spring and Summer. In fact it may be my favorite of all the Seasons. Brisk, clean air that puts a snap to your step as your walk and a little color in your cheeks. I know the dogs are happier…its terrier weather for sure.
Ahhh, the sounds of change is in the air…how sweet, how promising, how wonderful!
Now for the upcoming week ahead at Scattered Thoughts….
Monday, August 11:
- Blue Notes continues with Shira Anthony’s Dissonance Book Tour (contest)
- Book Blast: Cate Ashwood’s Wholehearted Audio Book Tour (contest)
Tuesday, August 12:
- On Tour with Rory Ni Coileain’s SoulShares Series (contest)
- Lou Hoffman is Here with Key of Behliseth, a YA Book Release (contest)
- Review: Dissonance by Shira Anthony
Wednesday, August 13:
- Review: Wicked Winds by Havan Fellows
- Review: Out in the Cold by Lee Brazil
Thursday, August 14:
- In the Author Spotlight: Jason Lloyd and his release, Queer Dirty Laundry (contest)
- Review: Devil’s Own by Susan Laine
Friday, August 15:
- In the Author Spotlight: Lee Brazil on Writing, In From the Cold, and More (contest)
- Review: You Can’t Go Home Again by Michael Murphy
Saturday, August 16:
- Review: Queer Dirty Laundry by Jason Lloyd