Start Your Gift Giving Early by Helping Choose the Charity to benefit from Riptide’s Share the Love Collection!
This week we have the first of three holiday story book tours from Riptide Publishing. Riptide has a holiday bundle of 3 stories, Share the Love collection, whose proceeds benefit chosen charites. Now its time for Share The Love 2014 and the first tour, Three Hearts by Kelly Jamieson kicks off the Choose the Charity Contest for 2015.
Here is the blog release from Riptide Publishing:
Each year, Riptide Publishing releases a holiday collection in support of an LGBTQ charity. Twenty percent of all proceeds from the Share the Love collection will be donated to the It Gets Better Project.
Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a $25 Riptide Publishing store credit. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on December 7. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries.
Every year, Riptide Publishing releases a Holiday charity bundle with themed stories by bestselling authors. Twenty percent of the net proceeds of each bundle goes to a charity that serves the LGBTQ population.
Royalties from Riptide’s 2013 Home for the Holidays charity collection have raised over $14,000 in nine months for the Ali Forney Center, and continue to yield several hundred dollars per month in royalties donations. Our 2014 Share the Love charity collection will be raising money for the It Gets Better Project, and we hope to report even better results than in 2013.
For 2015, the theme will be Holiday Surprises, and we’ll have stories by HelenKay Dimon, Christine d’Abo, and Marie Sexton. But we don’t have a charity yet.
We need YOUR help to choose the 2015 charity. Nominate your favorite LGBTQ charity and Riptide might choose it as the 2015 Holiday bundle charity!
The chosen charity for 2015 will immediately receive a $5,000 advance against royalties (paid in 2015 on announcement of the award recipient). The charity will continue to receive 20% of all lifetime net sales income from the 2015 holiday charity collection, in the form of a monthly royalty check.
Three honorable mention charities will each receive a $250 donation.
This collection would not be possible without the talent and generosity of its authors, who have brought us the following 2014 holiday stories:
- Three of Hearts by Kelly Jamieson (releasing November 17)
Lucky Strike by Jane Davitt (releasing November 24)
Three the Hard Way by Sydney Croft (releasing December 1)
Check out Kelly Jamieson’s tour on Thursday, the 20th!
This schedule this week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words:
Monday, November 17:
- Shannon West’s “Moonstruck” Book Tour and Contest
- Book Tour: “Across Worlds: Collision” Author: S.A. Snow (contest)
- MelanieM Review: Forgiving Thayne by J.R. Loveless
Tuesday, November 18:
- “Saving Crofton Hall” by Rebecca Cohen book tour and contest
- Rick R Reed’s” Third Eye” Book Tour and Contest
- A MelanieM Review: Saving Crofton Hall by Rebecca Cohen
Wednesday, November 19:
- A Sammy Review: The Eskimo Slugger by Brad Boney
- A MelanieM Review: The Shearing Gun by Renae Kaye
- A Mika Review: Damaged Package by S.A. McAuley
Thursday, November 20:
- Three of Hearts by Kelly Jamieson – Choose the Charity Tour and Contest by Riptide
- Chestnuts Roasting Anthology by Mischief Corner Books Authors (contest)
- A MelanieM Review: The Best Corpse for the Job by Charlie Cochrane
Friday, November 21:
- Riptide’s Book tour and contest for Gabrielle’s City by Layla Hunter
- Into the Thick of Things with Lee Brazil ‘Cranberry Pi’ (book tour and contest)
- Virtual Book Tour for Patricia Logan’s The Superstar (contest)
- A MelanieM REview: And Then The Stars Fall by Brandon Witt
YA Saturday,, November 22:
- Liam Livings Blog Tour from Love Lane Books (contest)
- An Aurora Review: Under the Stars by Geoff Knight