Is there anything better than curling up with a great book and perhaps some hot chocolate on a snowy day? Maybe curling with my Kindle and 3 Terriers! All warm and snuggly as the flakes fall outside and the wind makes the branches rattle. Then time for knitting and writing. I have read so many new wonderful stories recently and I can’t wait to share them with you along with the rest of the reviewers and their recent discoveries.
Coming up soon is the first story from Lee Brazil and the Pulp Friction 2015 group serial! More about that later today! The group is New Orleans bound and there’s plenty of supernatural goings on! I just finished a new urban fantasy from Angel Martinez and Bellora Quinn, Quinn’s Gambit! It’s the first story in their new Aura series. Loved it! And we are reading and reviewing MLR Books Storming Love: Blizzard collection, appropriate, right? Look for the first 3 out of 6 stories to be reviewed this week. We are also reviewing more series to come. Look for that in upcoming posts.
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is also on Facebook now. Be sure to stop by (and give us a Like if you would)!
And happy belated Valentine’s Day to all! If you are on Pinterest and/or just love books, check out Megan Kerr’s website. She has some wonderful images there, including this one that I thought was pretty darn perfect!
♥Dreamspinner Press: “Celebrate romance with us! Enjoy 25% off the entire store (including in-stock paperbacks) from now through February 15.” This weekend only.
♥Riptide Publishing: Happy Valentine’s Day from Us! Get $5.00 off a purchase of $15.00 or more at riptidepublishing.com with the coupon valentines2015. This weekend only, so don’t wait to celebrate!
♥Totally Bound Books:Holly Gunner of Totally Bound Books wants me to get the word out that they are expanding!! Check this out! They have a new publishing house dedicated to solely LTGBQ fiction. This is what they announced:
Our flagship publishing house, Totally Bound Publishing, has been offering Erotic Romance books for eight years, working with more than 400 authors, and releasing six – nine books per week. We are a leader of erotic romance fiction in Europe and intend to keep expanding on that. Totally Bound Publishing will always be the Home of Erotic Romance and continue to publish the best quality Erotic Romance Fiction. 2015 sees the birth of three new publishing houses: Finch Books, Pride Publishing and Evidence Press, diversifying and expanding the group.
Our plan is to launch each house in fairly quick succession during the year, starting with Pride Publishing with a hopeful date of February/March. The main reason for this is to separate out our gay fiction from Totally Bound, leaving that to focus on hetero books and allow Pride Publishing to develop gay fiction more fully.
Finch Books will be our Young Adult division and we anticipate a launch late Spring of 2015. Evidence Press will be our Crime & Thriller publishing house and we anticipate a launch in the Autumn of 2015.
If you are interested in writing for these new and exciting publishing houses, please check out the submission calls on our website. For a taster, here’s our Pride Publishing submission call.
This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words!
Sunday, February 15:
- Snowy Days and Reading, This Week’s Schedule at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- Introducing Pulp Friction 2015! Pulp Friction 2015- Book #1 Jack of Spades, Drawing Dead by Lee Brazil
Monday, February 16 (President’s Day for those of us in the US)
- On Tour with Sean Michael’s Love Matters (contest)
- Tour and Contest: A Very Holland Valentine (Holland Brothers #6) by Toni Griffin
- Book Blast: Whispers of Home by April Kelley (contest)
- A Paul B Review: Renounced by Bailey Bradford
- A Mika Review: Jackdaw by K.J. Charles
Tuesday, February 17:
- Cover reveal for Lou Sylvre ‘A Shot of J & B‘ (contest)
- Virtual Book Tour: Right Here Waiting by K.E. Belledonne (contest)
- Book Focus: Jaime Reese’s A Restored Man (contest)
- Book Spotlight: Here for You by Mia Kerick tour and contest
- A Mika Review: Please Remember Me by Jacob Z. Flores
- A Stella Review: Neon White E2 (A Tooth Claw and Horns Chronicle #2) by Wulf Francu Godgluck
Wednesday, February 18:
- In the Book Spotlight: The Wrong Man by Lane Hayes (author interview/contest)
- Author Guest Blog: Chase and Capture by Hurri Cosmo (Character interview/contest)
- A Stella Review: Neon White E3 (A Tooth Claw and Horns Chronicle #3) by Wulf Francu Godgluck
- A MelanieM Review: Right Here Waiting by K. E. Belledonne
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Turkish Delights by Trina Lane
Thursday, February 19:
- The Phoenix Embryo by Jeanne Marcella Book Blast
- A Sammy Review: Chance of the Heart by Kade Boehme
- A MelanieM Review: Kimo and Mike from Storming Love: Blizzard by Neil Plakcy
- A MelanieM Review: Jens and Elliot, Storming Love: Blizzard by Sara York
- A Barb The Zany Old Lady Review: Quiet Nights by Mary Calmes
Friday, February 20:
- Book Tour: In Darkest Peru by Louise Lyons
- Book Spotlight: Theory Unproven by Lilian Francis
- Rules To Live By Anthology Tour and Contest
- Book Spotlight: When In Bloom by Nicole Dennis (contest)
- A MelanieM Review: Getting It Right by A. M. Arthur
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Stay with Me Audio book by SE Harmon
Saturday, February 21:
- A Stella Review: A Working Man (Men of Manhattan #4) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion
- A MelanieM Review: Seth and Casey Storming Love: Blizzard by RJ Scott