Soooo, its Sunday and after a week of birthday and Mother’s Day celebrations (all splendid of course), I’m off to meet up with some M/M Romance friends in DC for a photoshoot, a very special one. It’s for the NOH8 Campaign. I’m sure you have seen the many photos of people with duct tape on the mouth and NOH8 on their cheeks. I have linked to their website above. Check out some of the photos of those that have joined the campaign. Here is the event today:
NOH8 Open Photo Shoot in Washington, D.C.
START DATE: 05/17/2015
END DATE: 05/17/2015
Join the #NOH8Worldwide movement in WASHINGTON, D.C. and add your face to the fight for equal human rights!
WHERE: Bar Dupont in The Dupont Circle Hotel
1500 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
DATE: Sunday May 17th, 2015
TIME: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Single/Solo Photos: $40
Couple/Group Photos: $25 per person
It a marvelous way to demonstrate your support for equality and help push for acceptance for all everywhere. Here is the missions statement:
The NOH8 Campaign is a charitable organization whose mission is to promote marriage, gender and human equality through education, advocacy, social media, and visual protest.
On November 4, 2008 Proposition 8 passed in California, amending the state Constitution to ban same-sex marriage. The defeat provoked a groundswell of initiative within the GLBT community at a grassroots level, with many new political and protest organizations being formed in response.
The NOH8 Campaign is a photographic silent protest created by celebrity photographer Adam Bouska (http://www.bouska.net) and partner Jeff Parshley in direct response to the passage of Proposition 8. Photos feature subjects with duct tape over their mouths, symbolizing their voices being silenced by Prop 8 and similar legislation around the world, with “NOH8” painted on one cheek in protest.
Five years since its inception, the NOH8 Campaign has grown to nearly 33,000 faces and continues to grow at an exponential rate. The campaign began with portraits of everyday Californians from all walks of life and soon rose to include politicians, military personnel, newlyweds, law enforcement, artists, celebrities, and many more.
While inspired by the passage of Prop 8, the scope of the NOH8 Campaign has grown to stand against discrimination and bullying of all kinds. The message of ‘No Hate’ can be interpreted and applied broadly, and speaks to each person in their own way.
The NOH8 Campaign has received overwhelming support from around the world, and has appeared in various local and national news programs and publications. The images are widely used on various social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to spread the message of equality.
I’m adding my photo to the ever growing number. How about you? Check it out and see if NOH8 is coming soon to a neighborhood near you.
Now for the week ahead at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, May 17:
- Our Schedule This Week and NOH8 Open Photo Shoot in DC
Monday, May 18:
- Laura Harner’s Cliff’s Edge Book Tour & Contest
- A Sammy Review: Apple Polisher by Heidi Belleau
- A Stella Review: Healing Hunter’s Heart by Charlie Cochet
- A BJ Review: Just a Bit Unhealthy (Straight Guys, #3) by Alessandra Hazard
Tuesday, May 19:
- Lee Benoit – Songbook: Paulo & Preston Shorts book blast and giveaway
- A BJ Review: The Heracian Affair by Liv Olteano
- A MelanieM Review: The Rebuilding Year, Part 2 by Kaje Harper
- A Paul B Review: The Exiled Omega (The Exiled Omega #1) by Alex Ashmore
Wednesday, May 20:
- Press Spotlight: MCB Quarterly Tour (Mischief Corner Books) and giveaway
- Book Spotlight: Jude Sierra ‘Hush‘ Tour and Giveaway
- Tour and Contest: Buzz and Blow- Shave and Shimmer- Fade and Fluff by Author: Alex Carreras
- Light a Candle by VJ Summers Riptide tour and contest
- A BJ Review: Sarge by Bey Decker
Thursday, May 21:
- Book Spotlight: Brad Vance ‘Would I Lie To You?’ Tour and Contest
- A MelanieM Review: Dead Blind by Havan Fellows (PF2015 #2)
- A BJ Review: A Perfect Game by Reno MacLeod and Jaye Valentine
- A Paul B Review: Bound to Brody (Shifters and Lovers #1) by Ali Atwood
Friday, May 22:
- Cover Reveal for The Pinch of the Game by Charley Descoteaux (cover reveal and contest)
- Cover Reveal for Lissa Kasey ‘Model Citizen’ (cover reveal and contest)
- Book Spotlight: NR Walker ‘Cronin’s Key II’ (tour and contest)
- A MelanieM Review: Blood and Ghosts by Shira Anthony
- A MelanieM Review: Stud Player (PF2015) by Havan Fellows
Saturday, May 23:
- A Mika YA Review: The Book of Ethan by Russell J. Sanders
We continue to bring you reviews on books you might never have heard of, new books off your radar, and books by authors you’ve been meaning to get to. Check us and the books out all week long!