Discovery (Drakyl Ranch #1) by Thianna Durston
Release Date: September 1st, 2015
Publisher: Thianna Durston
Cover Artist: Jay Aheer – Simply Defined Art
Sales Links: Amazon | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Kobo
Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing (sort of) Thianna Durston author of Discovery. Hi Thianna, thank you for bringing your character, Aaron Drakyl along to be interviewed:
My Interview with character Aaron Drakyl from Discovery
What do you find attractive in a man?
- *grins* Well, up until lately it was kind of slim pickin’s. There were a few men at the local bar, closeted gay men who would meet me behind the grocery, but they weren’t really my type. If I had to say what attracts me first? It’s their mouth. I love lips, especially ones that quirk up on one side.
The first thing that went through your head when you saw Jaret.
- Mostly that he couldn’t be real. He has almost the same skin tone as I do and that’s not normal.
Do you think you’ll insist the author visits you again?
- I’m lucky in that I’m the head of my house. Since she’s writing the stories for my cousins, she kind of has to include me and Jaret. *grins* I think she has a crush on Jaret.
Before you met Jaret, what was your ideal man?
- Well, now, this is embarrasin’. My ideal man before this was one that breathed and was willin’ to meet me behind the grocery. That’s not to say I wouldn’t have loved to meet a guy, fall in love, etc, but I never thought that would happen to me. I’m a gay cowboy. I kinda took what I could get. I never imagined I’d get the ultimate prize when Jaret walked into that bar.
You’re going out for dinner. What’s your favorite food?
- That’s simple and yet it’s not. Human blood. But I’d prefer it came from a donor. I don’t like killin’. Jaret laughs at me ’cause I won’t kill a human for the blood. Blood drives are an amazin’ thing. If human blood’s not on tap, cougar is good, too. Ever tried it?
Living in Montana and working the ranch is all Aaron wants to do for the rest of his life. Diagnosed as allergic to the sun thirteen years previous, every day is a struggle to get out of bed. Having to wear long-sleeved shirts, gloves, and even material to cover his face from the effects of the sun, just makes it all worse. Now, in his thirty-second year, he is sure this will be his last summer. While he hates it, he knows he needs to come to terms with the truth and put things in order for his younger cousins. Before he does so, he heads out for one night of pleasure before facing what’s coming.
Jaret loves excitement and new adventures. For over five hundred years, he has sought them out. In Montana on a whim, he comes across someone he doesn’t expect, someone who makes him feel things he does not understand and does not want to give up. In no time at all, he feels like he cannot live without Aaron. The only problem is Aaron doesn’t know who he is, what he is, nor that he isn’t going to die. Not on Jaret’s watch. With a plan to help the other man discover who he is in place, he only has one thing to worry about: whether an ancient enemy will come and destroy everything he now holds dear.
Warning: This book is a paranormal m/m romance with some horror elements. It also crosses cowboy and vampire genres. If you don’t think cowboys look hot with fangs, you’re missing out.
Categories: Gay Fiction, M/M Romance, Paranormal, Western/Cowboy
“You’re not going to die, Aaron.”
“You don’t know that. This sickness, ailment, curse…whatever the fuck it is. It’s gettin’ worse. And it’s changin’. Morphin’ into somethin’ scary. My nightmares lately have been horrible.”
“What kind of nightmares?” Of course, Jaret knew. They were the same kind all of them had during the change. Fire and ice as the body went through horrendous chills and soaring high fevers. They would only stop once the change was complete. For after that, there was no real sleep anymore.
“Bein’ caught on high mountains, pelted with snow. Of the forests here bright with orange fire. Of you—” His voice broke. “Callin’ out my name only I’m no longer here to respond.”
“Babe,” Jaret said in a soft voice, not understanding why but knowing he was closer to this drakyl than he had ever been to anyone. “We’re going to get you cured. Then you can come out with me at night. We’ll keep the place predator free while your cousins slave in the sun. How does that sound?”
A sad attempt at a laugh left the other man’s throat. “Promise me you won’t leave until I’m gone?”
Fury swept along Jaret’s veins. Anger at the sun, the fact the man next to him was terrified, and at Davis for not explaining to the poor man earlier what he was. But mostly, he was furious at himself for not telling Aaron the truth. Leaning in, he placed his nose against Aaron’s. “I promise you,” he said in a deep growl, “that you are not going to die, Aaron Drakyl. I won’t let it happen.”
About the Author
Thianna loves to write strong stories with even stronger heroes. While all of her books have an erotic overtone, it is the story that is the most important to her. “The story should be able to stand on its own. The erotic elements are an add-on.”
She enjoys writing about couples with kink, paranormal couples, and straight out strangeness. But more on that later… You can find her at mm.thiannad.com.
She also writes m/f under the name Thianna D.
Where to find the author:
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/ThiannaDurstonAuthor?fref=ts
Enter to win a Rafflecopter Prize: E-copy of ‘Discovery’ when it comes out. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Link and prizes provided by the author and Pride Promotions.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tour Dates & Stops:
31-Aug Amanda C. Stone
3-Sep Parker Williams
4-Sep Prism Book Alliance
8-Sep MM Good Book Reviews
9-Sep Love Bytes
10-Sep BFD Book Blog
16-Sep Molly Lolly
18-Sep Jessie G. Books
23-Sep Bayou Book Junkie
24-Sep Happily Ever Chapter