Sometimes its so hard to let go of the past. From continually writing 2015 on everything that needs a date to calendars forever December 2015, never quite getting that flip over to January, moving forward can be a hard thing to do.
It’s no wonder its a theme that we read so often in our stories, because its one that happens so often in our lives. From small things to big, letting go of the past is amazingly difficult, even when we have the best of reasons to do so.
I say this writing amongst the detritus of 2015, surrounded by envelopes and just plain stuff I keep meaning to toss and shred. Muttering I’ll do it this afternoon/tomorrow/this weekend/ and somehow that never happens. Well, that bag is coming out today and with a sweep of the hand, it will be gone. I promise.
I finished a story last night from CJane Elliot, There You Are, full of the repercussions of what happens when people let the past rule their present. In many instances, I thought she got it right. Because sometimes for many the past is full of so many good times, that letting them go is unbearable. Especially in the face of a present that stuck, so you want to hold on. But move forward you must. The seasons tell us so.
We’ve been holding on…in a milder form here. We still have leftovers, the Christmas lights are up as is the Christmas tree which burns bright each night. Those will be coming down in a week…or two. I hate to rush those things.
But that chirping Verizon backup battery still waiting to be replaced? Sigh. I fear that reminder will be with me a little longer. Captain, the African Grey has decided he likes that sound and now mimics it perfectly. So even once I’ve gotten around to doing the deed, the reminder will still be there. Yes, somethings will never go away, just like those Christmas tree needles you still find months later, often in summer. They leave you full of memories and wonder (where they heck where they hiding all this time when the vacuum was out).
Anyhow, now I have a weekly schedule to get out, its still light as we are all recovering from the holidays. But there are some outstanding audiobook reviews coming your way. In fact this week has wonderful reviews, including a new terrific dragon book from Mell Eight (love her), one of Mika’s absolute Best of 2015 is reviewed this week Sunset Park by Santino Hassell, Ali is kicking it out of the park with her audiobook reviews from Riptide Publishing as is BJ who also continues with her reviews of the wonderful Lyn Gala series. If you are a SJ Frost fan, Stella has her latest novel, Vampire Prince from MLR Books…so many wonderful reads, stay with us all week! I will be dealing with the detritus of 2015, don’t even get me started on resolutions. Wish me luck!
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, January 3:
- Lingering Farewells and This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, January 4:
- Cover reveal for Eden Winters ‘A Bear Walks Into A Bar (excerpt and contest)
- Coffee Sip and Book Break with Grein Murray’s ‘Forever Joshua’ (excerpt and giveaway)
- Maggie Kavanagh ‘Blind Spot’ book tour and contest
- A Mika Review: Sunset Park by Santino Hassell
- A Stella Review: Textual Attraction by K lee Klein
Tuesday, January 5:
- In the Spotlight: Alone Together by DC Juris (excerpt/giveaway)
- Warriors are Back in Ari McKay ‘Herc’s Mercs: The Harder They Fall’ (excerpt and giveaway)
- A Paul B Review: The Harvest: A Tah’Narian Christmas (The Harvest #3) by M.A. Church
- A Stella Review: For Want of a Christmas Miracle by Olley White
Wednesday, January 6:
- An Ali Review: Winter Ball by Amy Lane
- A MelanieM Review: Wild and Precious by CJane Elliott
- A BJ Review: Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits (Claimings, #3) by Lyn Gala
- A Free Dreamer Review: Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
Thursday, January 7:
- An Ali Audiobook Review: Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #7) by Abigail Roux , J.F. Harding (Narrator)
- A MelanieM Review: Dragon Consultant (Supernatural Consultant #1) by Mell Eight
- A BJ Review: White Knight by L. Valko
- A Stella Review: Vampire Prince by SJ Frost
Friday, January 8:
- In the Book Spotlight: Rob Rosen’s ‘Fate’ (excerpt and giveaway)
- ‘Painful Lessons’ by S.C. Wynne Book tour and guest blog
- An Ali Audiobook Review: Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run #6) by Abigail Roux , J. F. Harding (Narrator)
- A MelanieM Review: There You Are by CJane Elliot
Saturday, January 9:
- Best of 2015 Review: A Mika Review: Definitely Maybe, Yours by Lissa Reed