Oh the winds of change are blowing so strong these days whether we want them to or not. Several days ago, a storm came through our area, one that had devastating repercussions for the Midwest and southeast regions of our country. For us? Some flooding and lost power. Nothing on the enormous level that occurred out there. But across the street several old towering trees uprooted and fell over, ones that were here for as long as I could remember (my parents built this house), trunks at least 2 to 3 feet in diameter.
It felt as though I had lost old friends, I know the local wildlife did. The hawks that used it to nest in, the Pilated Woodpeckers that loved it so and will have to move on and all those squirrel from the Grey Squirrels to our Flying Squirrels who will have to relocate. I hope they moved in time.
Those bare spots haunt me as the saws and lumber men my neighbor hired did their job quickly, leaving nothing at all behind. What will happen in their absence? What will fill in those holes? Will the squirrels take care of it or the neighbors? I’m betting on the squirrels.
Changes are happening in the book world as well, the winds blowing hard there too. Publishing houses disappearing, new ones taking root, others morphing to include different presses and audiobooks (becoming more popular here with us too)…proving even as change is hard, even painful, its necessary to survive in these times.
Nature abhors stagnation and will force a change to break it up, everywhere we look change is upon us. Some gentle, some harsh. Some welcome, and some…well, some we all could do without.
Hopefully the changes coming to Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words will be welcome. I’m working on them. I need more time…always more time, a scare commodity for me at the moment.
Meanwhile enjoy the upcoming week. Its full of wonderful books, author guest blogs and reviews. Enjoy and happy reading.
Blow you winds, blow!
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, March 6:
- The Winds of Change and This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, March 7:
- The Secret of Hunter’s Bog with Ally Blue (tour and giveaway)
- Sports of the Seasons Blog Tour (M/M series) by Leigh Carter
- Its a Cocktail of Love with Dirty Martini 2: The Screwdriver by G.R. George (Renee George) (contest)
- A Free Dreamer Release Day Review: Salt and Iron by Tam MacNeil
- A Paul B Release Day Review: Patience by Grace R. Duncan
Tuesday, March 8:
- EARTHQUAKES – A NEW AMSTERDAM STORY by Kelly Wrye Loose Id Tour/Contest
- Hurri Cosmos ‘Then Sawyer Happened’ tour and giveaway
- A MelanieM Review: Dormant Heart by Lane Swift
- A Stella Review :Lucky in Loveland by K-lee Klein
- A Lila Review: Ravenhearth by Lotus Oakes
Wednesday, March 9:
- 6 Days to get Lucky virtual tour and giveaway
- In the Spotlight: Stay With Me by Lily Adile Lamb (excerpt and giveaway)
- AMelanieM Review: Night and Day by Rowan Speedwell (release day review)
- A F.D. Review: The Prince’s Consort by Antonia Aquilante
- A Lila Review: Where Loyalties Lie by Logan Taylor
Thursday, March 10:
- Special Guest Blog by Grace R. Duncan on her release “Patience”
- Ana J. Phoenix book blast for ‘For Never and Always (excerpt and giveaway)
- Mario Kai Lapinski: Jakob & Ivo book blast and giveaway
- A MelanieM Review: Blood and Clockwork by Katey Hawthorne
- A Paul B Review: Patience by Grace R. Duncan
Friday, March 11:
- Brina Brady ‘Spanked in the Woodshed’ book blast and giveaway
- Its Release Day for A Tested Love by Kayla Jameth (excerpt and giveaway)
- A Stella Review:Go Tell On the Mountain by Nick Wilgus
- A Jeri Review: The Taste of Ink by Francis Gideon
- A Ali Audiobook Review: Spirit by John Inman
Saturday, March 12:
- Cover Reveal for Beastly Businessmen and Guitar Gods by Asta Idonea