Old Labels, Tagging and The Need to Move Forward
Something one of our reviewers said to me this week got me thinking about labels and tagging. She said that there was a controversy stirring about a current release and the GFY label and bisexuality, blurring/confusion between them. She wanted to give me a head’s up. Now I had no idea (still don’t) because I wasn’t paying any attention but it brought to mind things that have been swimming around the brain for some time now…that there are some labels that need to be put to rest.
In the book review world there are certain three letter or three character abbreviations we use all the time to quick label a book. Among some of the most widely used are M/M, D/s, HEA, HFN, and of course, GFY. Its the later that I’m going to be blogging about on Saturday. I think we’ve grown past that label, and now its rolled into hurtful territory. Why not use the term pansexual (among others) where proper? And bisexual where the character clearly loves and desires both sexes?
Not getting into it today but look for a much longer and thoughtful post on Saturday. Join in on the discussion and let me know how you feel about tagging and labels. I’m really curious. Haven’t be gone past these old perceptions? Isn’t it time we laid them to rest? We’ve enlarged the LGBT to include LGBTQIA, lets bring the book review world along with it.
Now we’ve got a stacked week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words, lets get to it.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, March 13:
- Old Labels, Tagging and This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, March 14:
- Chris T. Kat ‘Mending the Rift’ virtual tour and giveaway
- ‘At Your Service’ by Ariel Tachna – Author Guest Blog/Release Day
- Book Spotlight: Bound (Guards of Folsom, Book Five) by Author: SJD Peterson
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Bound (Guards of Folsom, Book Five) by Author: SJD Peterson
- A MelanieM Review: At Your Service by Ariel Tachna
- A Stella review: Mending the Rift by Chris T Kat
Tuesday, March 15:
- Between Ghosts by Garrett Leigh – Riptide Publishing Contest
- Its Release Day for the Riverdance Anthology (excerpts and giveaway)
- In Our Contemporary Spotlight: Trial by Fire by BA Tortuga DSP tour and guest blog
- A MelanieM Review: Trial by Fire by BA Tortuga
- A Lila Review: Ghosts (The Power of Zero, #2) by Jackie Keswick
Wednesday, March 16:
- Coffee Sip and Book Break with Lioness in Blue by Shira Glassman
- A Ali Review: Eagle’s Nest by AJ Marcus
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Lay It down by Mary Calmes
- A Jeri Review: Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
- A Lila Review: Balls Up by Kate Aaron
Thursday, March 17:
- Dianne Hartsock’s ‘Stuck on Rewind’ virtual tour and giveaway
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Audiobook Review: Being True by Jacob Z. Flores
- A F.D. Review: Lima Oscar Victor Echo and The Truth About Everything by Suki Fleet
- A Jeri Review: Us By Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
- A Lila Review: Beyond the Sea by Keira Andrews
Friday, March 18:
- Katey Hawthorne’s Blood and Clockwork Tour and Giveaway
- Love Comes to Light Author: Andrew Grey’s Guest Blog
- A Stella Review: Spencer Cohen by NR Walker
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Two Pet Dicks by John Inman
- A Paul B Review: Love Comes to Light by Andrew Grey
Saturday, March 19:
- Melanie M Thoughts On Labeling – Isn’t It Time to Put Away GFY?