Cloudy with a Chance of What?
As I sit here in my big chair, Kindle in hand, dogs clustered about, I’m looking out the window and watching snow flakes fly by. In April. In Maryland. In a yard that has hyacinths blooming, not to mention a few scarce cherry blossoms struggling to hold on after all the fierce winds we’ve had lately. There are violets out like mad, and a pollen count off the charts enough to keep Winston sneezing along with everyone else, now we have snow, frigid temperatures and more on the horizon.
Not just the expected frosts, but actual snow. Sigh.
And only a few days ago it was in the 80’s, thoughts of flowers, plantings, bar-b-ques and flip flops were in my head or actually walking down the street. My winter coat was tucked away, along with gloves, hats, and, my ever present scarves.
Now all are back and I can’t tell you for how long and neither can the meteorologists.
From day to day I never know what to expect from the weather these days. Snow, heat, torrential downpours, light rains, gale force winds to gentle lovely breezes that stir the air…we’ve had them all recently, and sometimes within a manner of a week or two.
Life feels a lot like that in many respects. Whether its health or family issues or things like a computer who doesn’t feel like upgrading this morning and just shuts down, the unexpected seems to rise up and then wait to see how well you deal (or don’t) with the results. I’m still working on those. How about you?
For now, I’m still looking out the window as the snow appears to be giving up…for now. I do know that Spring is coming, the weather will eventually turn, finally, for the better and then we’ll all be complaining about the heat. But for now? The forecast by looking at our skies is cloudy with a chance of what exactly? Mother Nature’s not telling. It’s a toss up here. So I’m returning to the chair, the dogs and my Kindle for the rest of the day. Seems like a reasonable course of action. But here is our schedule for the upcoming week. There is something wonderful for everyone. Check it all out.
This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, April 10:
- Cloudy with a Chance of What? This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, April 11:
- Our Author & Book Spotlight: Meg Harding on Inspiration and ‘The Last Favor’
- Mary Newman’s ‘A Prince’s Ransom’ Book Blast and giveaway
- Determined Mate (Holland Brothers #2) by Toni Griffin Audiobook Tour and giveaway
- Black Dust by Lynn Charles Book Blast and giveaway
- An Alisa Review: Planting His Dream by Andrew Grey
- A Stella Review: Ravel by R. Phoenix
Tuesday, April 12:
- Cover reveal: Elizabeth Noble ‘Code Name Jack Rabbit (excerpt and giveaway)
- Up Close and Personal with AJ Marcus on her release Moose Fever and more (Guest Post)
- Coffee Sip and Book Break with Knit Tight’ by Annabeth Albert (excerpt and giveaway)
- A MelanieM Review: Knit Tight by Annabeth Albert
- An Ali Review: Moose Fever by AJ Marcus
Wednesday, April 13:
- Bad Magic (Spell Slave #1) by Evelyn Elliott – excerpt and giveaway
- J. Scott Coatsworth’s Myths Untold- Faery Anthology Release and Guest Blog
- In the Spotlight: The Case of The Thwarted Lovers by L.G. Fabbo-Gonnella (excerpt and contest)
- A Jeri Review: Pop LIfe by Ryan Loveless (a release day review)
Thursday, April 14:
- In the Spotlight: The Dilemma by Victoria Sue (excerpt and giveaway)
- Cornelia Grey’s Devilish Circus is back with ‘The Empty Hourglass’ by Cornelia Grey (giveaway and guest blog)
- You’ve Never Been Hurt by Jaime Samms (tour and contest)
- A Paul B Review: Enemies of the State by Tal Bauer
- An Ali Review: Better Than Safe by Lane Hayes Audiobook Review
Friday, April 15:
- Cover reveal for North to Zombieville by Meg Bawden
- Jay Northcote ‘Imperfect Harmony’ Book Tour and contest
- Second Skin by Alex Whitehall. Riptide Tour and contest
- An Ali Review: Grizzly Discovery(Mountain Spirits Mysteries book 2) by AJ Marcus
- A MelanieM Review: Hidden Wings by Ana Raine
Saturday, April 16:
- A MelanieM Review: Professional Distance by Silvia Violet