STRW Flash Fiction Contest
As the deadline for the end of our flash fiction contest approaches, there’s still plenty of time to get your entries in. Flash fiction or micro fiction is just, that a tiny story. It can be in any genre, any trope, and for this contest and always for this blog, it must be LGBTQIA.
Even a short time ago, I would never have thought we would be entering the sort of political times, rough waters nationally that seem to be ahead of us. Maybe I’m wrong but I think we find ourselves moving along a scale of emotions, ranging from disbelief to shock to horror to anger and anywhere in-between.
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words tries to stay away from politics and concentrates on books (although with subject matter those can intertwine). But this may be a time when an overlap occurs.
Need to give voice to your emotions? Write about it and send it in. We are going to be running our entries here for everyone to read. Story rights remain with the authors. We are still awarding gift certificates to the first 5 entries. Our deadline is still November 30th at midnight EST. All flash fiction should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are only limited by your imagination and the fact that you should be 18 years of age or older. Open to everyone! Now get writing.
We have a wonderful week ahead of us, filled with great tours and giveaways. We are reviewing several audiobooks and many new books getting released just this week, some I’m sure you’ve had on your TBR list.
Its also the start of the holiday season so more and more holiday stories will be making appearances here. This week we having Barb the Zany Old Lady reviewing A Christmas Hex by Jordan L. Hawk and Stella reviewing Merry Christmas, Mr Miggles by Eli Easton to launch our holiday reviews. Starting December 1, Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words will be reviewing the Dreamspinner Press Advent stories as we did last year but more on that later.
For now,for those Americans, living in the U.S. and expats abroad, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be safe, be happy, and many wonderful books to you!
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, November 20:
- STRW Flash Fiction Contest
- This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- Release Blitz Tour – A Family For Christmas by Jay Northcote
Monday, November 21:
- Juliann Rich’s Gravity – Virtual Book Tour (giveaway)
- In the Spotlight: Andrew Grey on Writing and his release The Playmaker (Dreamspinner Author Guest Blog)
- Love Mythology & Romance? Check out Labyrinth by Alex Beecroft (giveaway)
- Release Day Blitz for Tow Trucks & New Year’s Kisses by Lila Leigh Hunter (giveaway)
- A Lila Release Day Review: Built for Pleasure by Thursday Euclid
- A Melanie Release Day Review: The Straight Boyfriend from Renae Kaye
- A Stella Review: Tow Trucks & New Year’s Kisses by Lila Leigh Hunter
Tuesday, November 22:
- Riptide Publishing Tour and Giveaway: Just Drive by L.A. Witt
- In the Audiobook Spotlight: How to Deal by T.M Smith and Narrated by Joel Leslie (tour and giveaway)
- A MelanieM Audiobook Release Day Review:How to Deal by T.M Smith and Narrated by Joel Leslie
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: A Christmas Hex (Hexworld #2.5) by Jordan L. Hawk
- A Paul B Review: Beautiful Goodbyes (The Connelly Chronicles #2) by N.J. Nielsen
- An Ali Audiobook Review: A Kind of Romance (A Kind of Stories #2) by Lane Hayes and Seth Clayton (Narrator)
Wednesday, November 23:
- Tricia Owens on “The Bucket List” and Writing (guest post)
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: THE NAKED PRINCE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES by Joe Cosentino and narrated by Joel Leslie
- A Caryn Release Day Review: All the Way to Shore by CJane Ellliot
- A Lila Release Day Review: The Soldati Prince by Charlie Cochet
- A MelanieM Review: Ghost Ship (Mahu #10) by Neil S. Plakcy
Thursday, November 24 (Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US and abroad):
- Release Blitz and Giveaway for Sue Brown’s Alpha Barman
- Release Blitz and Giveaway for The Copper Horse: Love & The Copper Horse Box Set by KA Merikan
- Eli Easton Author Guest spot on Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles
- An Ali Review Sunset on Turtle Lake by Carol Lynn
- An Ali Audiobook Review: Save of the Game (Scoring Chances #2) by Avon Gale and Scott R. Smith (Narrator)
- A Stella Review: Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles by Eli Easton
Friday, November 25:
- In the Spotlight: Checking It Twice (The Carlisles #3) by Meg Harding (guest blog and giveaway)
- Dreamspinner Press Author Guest Post: Built for Pleasure by Thursday Euclid
- Secrets in My Scowl by AE Via – Guest Blog for Dreamspinner Press
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Release Day Review: Open Hearts by Logan Meredith
- A Lila Review: Secrets in My Scowl by AE Via
- An Ali Release Day Review: Summer Lessons (Winter Ball #2) by Amy Lane
Saturday, November 26:
- NineStar Press Blog Tour – Stone and Shell by Lloyd A. Meeker
- A Stella Review: Stone and Shell by Lloyd A. Meeker
- In The Spotlight: Santa Baby by Heidi Cullinan (author interview & giveaway)
- A MelanieM Review: Santa Baby (Minnesota Christmas # 4) by Heidi Cullinan