Wild, Unpredictable March – Wild Tales of Love
Love provokes all sorts of emotions in us all and authors then write about them. And of course, we love to read about them. I’ve been talking about unpredictable couples, when one of the pairs turns out to be something totally unexpected ~ shifters, alien, what have you. We paused that for St. Patrick’s Day and irishmen. But let’s pick it up again and expand the category. What about those stories where one of the pair is unpredictable? What is unpredictable to you? Is it the best friend? The frenemy? That first love that reappears after 20 years? Or a true SciFy or Fantasy couple? Again shifters, fae, magicians, and aliens etc come into play.
Do you all find that to be true? Or is it when you fall in love with the friend that has always known you so well, been there for you, been your rock, a quiet love? What sorts of love do you find irresistible to read about in stories? I wonder if the types of couples makes any difference when it comes to love. I’m reviewing three books this week, one a contemporary love story by Amy Lane where the couple finds love at an older age and two with established fantasy and supernatural couples. For all three love feels very much the same for all three pairs no matter the circumstances.
Wild, Unpredictable Love Giveaway!
Does love make us different? Should it vary wildly from person to person, species to species? Or is love so deeply essential and elemental that is transcends all boundaries? What’s unpredictable to you? In couples and in romance. Let me know what you think and your favorite books that make your point! The random reader chosen will receive a $10 gift certificate from Dreamspinner Press. Giveaway ends March 29th at midnight.
Lucky In Love – A St. Patrick’s Day Giveaway! The Winner is Fehu. Stella will be in contact with you about your certificate.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, March 19:
- Wild, Unpredictable March – Wild Tales of Love
- This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, March 20:
- DSP GUEST POST Cy Blanca on A Teacher and a Poet
- Blog Tour A Boy Worth Knowing by Jennifer Cosgrove
- Release Day Blitz From Top to Bottom by Kevin Klehr
- A Lila Audiobook Review: The Virgin Manny (The Mannies #1) by Amy Lane and John Solo (Narrator)
- A VVivacious Review: A Boy Worth Knowing by Jennifer Cosgrove
- An Ali Review: An Arresting Ride (Survivors Find Love #2) by Lissa Kasey
Tuesday, March 21:
- Cover Reveal – By The Numbers – RJ Scott
- DSP GUEST POST Tara Lain on Cowboys Don’t Ride Unicorns
- BLOG TOUR Between the Secrets by S. Ferguson
- RIPTIDE TOUR Growing Pains by Cass Lennox (giveaway)
- An Ali Review: A Matter of Duty by JC Long
- An Alisa Review: My Best Man by Linn Edwards
Wednesday, March 22:
- No Regrets by Nicky James Tour
- An Alisa Review: The Cookie Said Red by J.D. Walker
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: An Invitation by Jay Northcote
- A Lila Release Day Review: Cowboys Don’t Ride Unicorns (Cowboys Don’t #2) by Tara Lain
Thursday, March 23:
- Review Tour & Giveaway – The Case Of The Guilty Ghost (End Street Book #6)
- HARMONY INK PRESS BLOG TOUR Russell J. Sanders on All You Need is Love
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Leaning Into the Fall (Leaning Into #2) by Lane Hayes
- A MelanieM Review: The Case Of The Guilty Ghost (End Street Book #6) by Amber Kell and RJ Scott
Friday, March 24:
- Release Day Blitz She Belongs to Them Both by Sedonia Guillone
- DSP PUBLICATIONS BLOG TOUR Don Travis on The Bisti Business
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Bonfires by Amy Lane
- An Ali Review: Here For Us by AM Arthur
Saturday, March 25:
- A MelanieM Review: Twilight by Megan Derr