April has arrived and with it new arrivals at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words. We have been looking to add new reviewers here and have been very lucky to have two new people recently join us. What a great way to sail into April! In addition, we have a preview of a reviewer blog from Free Dreamer and two giveaway announcements too. And no, there’s no April’s Fools Jokes to be found anywhere! Far too busy for such sass!
New Beginnings Announcements ~ New Reviewers!
We have another new reviewer starting at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words. Please welcome Kai, another international member of our family. You’ll be hearing from Kai in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, here’s a short bio from Kai herself:
Hey guys, I’m a Brazilian college student, living in São Paulo with my crazy sister.
When I’m not in class or working, you can always find me reading.
I love to read, reaaally love. Actually, I’m a little obsessed: I can’t go anywhere without something to read – thank God for the e-readers.
I used to read a lot of mystery, classics, adventure, fantasy, but my favorite kind of book always was romance [what I can say? I’m a romantic kind of girl]. I found out about mm romance last year, by accident.
I was reading a series by Aly Martinez and the second book is a mm called “The Spiral Down (The Fall Up, #2) “. I read it and liked so much that I needed more. Then I found “HIM” by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen [one of my favorites since then]… After that, I become definitely a fan of mm books. Now I’m a crazy fan. I’m so in love with this genre that I almost never read m/f anymore.
I also love to travel, play board games with my friends and write short stories. I wrote a lot of short stories, so far just in Portuguese and just for fun, but who knows? One day I can become a super author with a movie based on my book. hahaha
I like to read my books with low angst, sweet and romantic story, hot scenes[I’m only human] and remarkable characteres. Hope to find more and more books like that to read. I’m always searching and, of course, recommendations is welcome. 🙂
With the addition of Kai this week, and Julia , in Austria along with F.D., in early March, Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is very international in our outlook! Do you know who else here lives abroad? Check out our reviewer bios! Our perspectives from all over certainly give us a wonderful international slant when it comes to reviews, books, cultures and locations for book settings!
Our Reviewer Adventures!
📚F.D. also known as Free Dreamer just finished attending a book fair in Leipzig, Germany. I asked her to give us her impressions on the fair, meeting authors and some of the LGBT book offerings there. Keep your eyes open for that reviewer blog coming up soon! Here is your teaser from Free Dreamer from her upcoming blog:
As some of you may know, I earn my living as a bookseller. I’m an apprentice bookseller, to be exact. That means I go to vocational school twice a week to learn the theory behind the art of bookselling. 😉 That also means I get to go on awesome book-related school trips.
Last weekend, we went to the big book fair in Leipzig, Germany. That’s about 8 hours by train from Vienna, where I live and work. We met up late on Thursday night to catch the night train to Leipzig. Me and five of my classmates shared a compartment. Six cots in a tiny compartment, with six excited young women and a very bumpy ride… You can imagine how much sleep we all got! The train ride was definitely an adventure. At times it felt like I was about to slide out of my cot. When we were woken at around 6am, we had half an hour before we had to get off the train. Well, that certainly wasn’t enough. When we arrived at our destination, I was still missing a sock and wearing my pj top… And when I unpacked my handbag while looking for my wallet to buy breakfast at the train station, my phone was gone! Luckily the train was still at the platform and I found my phone in no time at all…
If you want to know more about my adventures in Leipzig and find out how I felt meeting my favourite author ever, then check back next week for a more detailed account of my misdeeds.
I can just imagine her excitement! What a trip that must have been! I’ll be reading her adventures along with all of you.
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Giveaway Announcements
📚Free Dreamer Book Fair Adventures Blog Giveaway.
Have any questions for Free Dreamer? Leave them here along with your email address. Random reader will be picked to win a $10 gift cert in the Free Dreamer Book Fair Adventures Blog Giveaway. It ends 4/22 at midnight. Have you been to a book fair? Met your favorite author? Do you want to know what was Free Dreamer’s favorite part of her book fair experience was or what books she brought home? Write in and leave a comment!
📚Winner of our Wild Unpredictable Love Giveaway was H.B. H.B.’s list of books? H.B. had 2 on their list I hadn’t heard of and will now be tracking down (Broken in Silence and Grayson). The other 3 are already firm favorites of mine. H.B., Stella will be in contact with you about your certificate! Congratulations!
ePistols at Dawn by Z.A. Maxfield
Broken in Silence by Katze Snow
Beta Test by Annabeth Albert
Connection Error by Annabeth Albert
Grayson by Morgan Campbell
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, April 2:
- Hello April! New Beginnings and Reviewers at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- Alina Popescu’s Free Books for Five Days Giveaway Announcement!
Monday, April 3:
- Release Blitz for Lillian Francis’ Renaissance
- Release Blitz and Giveaway: An Unexpected Shot by Caitlin Ricci
- Release Blitz for Who I am When I’m with You by Tamryn Eradani
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Plaid Versus Paisley by KC Burn
- A Free Dreamer Release Day Review: The Android and the Thief by Wendy Rathbone
Tuesday, April 4:
- DSP GUEST POST Julia Talbot on Just a Cowboy
- RIPTIDE TOUR and Giveaway: Home Fires (Common Law #4) by Kate Sherwood
- An Ali Review: Home Fires (Common Law #4) by Kate Sherwood
- A Free Dreamer Release Day Review: Witches For Hire by Sam Argent
- A Paul B Release Day Review: Micah Johnson Goes West (Get Out #2) by Sean Kennedy
Wednesday, April 5:
- DSP GUEST POST Bru Baker on Tall, Dark, and Deported
- Book Blitz: Broken Bastard by A.L. Simpson
- A Lila Release Day Review: Leap of Faith by Jackie Keswick
- An Alisa Review: Broken Bastard (Broken #1) by A.L. Simpson
- A Melanie Release Day Review: Joy (States of Love) by C.S. Poe
Thursday, April 6:
- RIPTIDE TOUR & Giveaway: Don’t Feed the Trolls by Erica Kudisch
- DSP GUEST POST: Wendy Rathbone on The Android and the Thief
- Blog Tour for The Rainbow Clause by Beth Bolden
- Review Tour: Lillian Francis’ Renaissance
- A Stella Review: Renaissance by Lillian Francis
- A Free Dreamer Review: Don’t Feed the Trolls by Erica Kudisch
- A VVivacious Review: Norwegian Woody (Let it Beatle #4) by J.D. Walker (
Friday, April 7:
- Release Blitz and Giveaway for Snap Shot by V.L Locey
- DSP GUEST POST Jackie Keswick on Leap of Faith
- Release Blitz and Giveaway: Stories From Sapphire Cay Vol 2 – RJ Scott & Meredith Russell
- Release Blitz and Giveaway: Take a Chance by Megs Pritchard
- Review Tour – Annabelle Jacobs – Bitten By Design
- A MelanieM Review: Bitten by Design by Annabelle Jacobs
- A Stella Review: Forged in Trust (Bay Area Professionals #4) by Mickie B. Ashling
Saturday, April 8:
- A MelanieM Review:Skim Blood and Savage Verse (Offbeat Crimes #3) by Angel Martinez