Sharing What We Are Thankful For In Books Month
It’s mid-November, plenty of time for reflection before the year is out. I’ve been thinking about all the books I’ve read, the authors, the narrators and cover artists. There is still weeks ahead for new writers, new stories, and new discoveries to arrive and make their impact on us before 2018 appears! Such a grand time for looking back and to look forward.
I’ve been starting several series at the end and then scrambling to pick up the stories that came before. Turns out that journey is one that agrees with me, something I’m grateful to find out about myself. A sort of literary excavation that I enjoy, tumbling backwards to an origin of characters, couples, and even series arc. It’s fun, informative, and often gives me insight into the author’s evolution as well as a writer.
This has happened with J.M. Dabney, now Dahlia Donovan, and RJ Scott, to name a few. Series are definitely my thing. I love to sink into a group of stories with a single arc or connection between them. This year saw several of my favorite series say goodbye (you never really know) with series finales. I’m grateful for the wonderful way they went out. More on those towards the end of the month. Yes, my own list just keeps getting longer.
So for now, let’s hear from some of you….
Too Close by R. Phoenix (about domestic violence, really good one)
The Impossible Boy by Anna Martin
Diary of a Teenage Taxidermist by K.A. Merikan
Femme by Marshall Thornton (the audiobook)
Manic Pixie Dream Boy by K.A. Merikan (lovely characters)
Disease: When Life takes an Unexpected Turn by Hans M. Hirschi (this one made me cry like no book had ever done it)
Kill Game by Cordelia Kingsbridge
Off the Ice by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn
Backdoor Politics by C.L. Mustafic
Greenwode by J. Tullos Hennig
This year has been a good one for me book-wise. Many of the titles I read agree with me, such LA Witt’s & Cari Z’s Bad Behavior series, Cordelia Kingsbridge’s Kill Game, Cat Sebastian’s The Ruin of A Rake, Neil S. Plakcy’s Angus Green series, Jordan L. Hawk’s Hexslayer, Avon Gale’s & Piper Vaughn’s Off the Ice and Permanent Ink, KJ Charles’ Spectred Isle, Astrid Amara’s Trustworthy, and those (only) to name a few. Not only that, I find awesome books with new-to-me authors like Tal Bauer, TA Moore, Layla Reyne, SA Stovall, Meghan Maslow, and Santino Hassell (I heard praises of their books before but just wasn’t convinced enough to give it a try. Then obviously smack my own head and muttered: how did I miss these for so long!! 😀). With less than two months left on 2017, I’m optimist there are still wonderful books for me to read. Fingers-crossed my good fortune (on reading) extends to next year! 🙂
I am thankful for the broad spectrum of sub-genres and diversity of characters.
that are available to read. I am also thankful for audiobooks. I really started listening to them more this year because my job moved my office and I have a long commute now. Audiobooks make it easier to get through.
What have you discovered or have found this year in books that you are
Thankful for Giveaway
What have you discovered or have found this year in books that you are grateful for? Write in and let us know. Short, long, recommendations, however, you would like to tell us. Let’s hear from all of you. Leave us your comment of what you are grateful for in books (author, series, books, narrator, cover artist, whatever it may be, along with your email address where you can be reached if chosen. Multiple gift certificates will be handed out the last week of November! Must be 18 year of age or older to enter.
We still have plenty of time left in this month. So keep those wonderful comments and lists coming. Now onto this week’s schedule.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, November 12:
- Sharing What We Are Thankful For In Books Month
- This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, November 13:
- Tour: Walking on Water by Matthew J. Metzger
- Review Tour – Sue Brown’s Alpha Chef (JT’s Bar #2)
- Tour: Blood Drop (The Warlock Brothers of Havenbridge #5) by Jacob Z. Flores
- A Stella Release Day Review: Braving the Rapids (Rocky Mountain Boys #2 ) by Brandon Witt
- An Ali Releases Day Review: Broken Sun (City to City #2) by B.D. Roca
- A Julia Review: Changing Colors by Elyse Springer
- A Caryn Review : Alpha Chef (JT’s Bar #2) by Sue Brown
Tuesday, November 14:
- Breaking Free by A.T. Brennan 3 day release Tour Blitz
- Wrapped with Love by Beth Bolden Release Day Blitz
- In The Spotlight: Citywide by Santino Hassell (tour and giveaway)
- A Free Dreamer Review: Echoes of the Gods by Gaia Sol
- A MelanieM Review: Wrapped with Love by Beth Bolden
- A VVivacious Review: How to Domesticate a Russian Bear: A Russian Bear III (Russian Bear #3) by C.B. Conwy
Wednesday, November 15:
- Cover Reveal: Coach’s Challenge (Cayuga Cougars #3) by V.L. Locey
- Release Blitz Tour – RJ Scott – TBA
- Release Blitz – A.T. Brennan – Breaking Free (All In #3)
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Release Day Review: Ante Up by Kim Fielding
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: The Secret of the Sheikh’s Betrothed By Felicitas Ivey
- A MelanieM Review: Changing Lines (Harrisburg Railers #1) by RJ Scott & V.L. Locey
Thursday, November 16:
- DSP Publications Promo Lyn Gala
- TOUR Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden by Cheryl Headford
- Tour for Reservations by Kindle Alexander
- A VVivacious Review: Testing the Limits (Daniel and Ryan #9) by Tamryn Eradani
- An Alisa Review: Vampire Claus by Robert Winter
- An Ali Audiob00k Review: Buried Bones (Bones #2) by Kim Fielding and John Solo (Narrator)
Friday, November 17:
- Embrace the Fire by Felice Stevens Audio Tour
- Harmony Ink Promo Tom Early
- Leta Blake’s Smoky Mountain Dreams Blog Tour
- A MelanieM Review: Rhino Ash (Saturday Barbies #2) by Lindsey Black
- An Alisa Release Day Review: Heart Unheard (Hearts Entwined #2) by Andrew Grey
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Wild Wild Hex (Hexworld #3.5) by Jordan L. Hawk
Saturday, November 18:
- Tour for Heart Unheard by Andrew Grey