Sharing What We Are Thankful For In Books Month – Part 3
Here we are closing in on Thanksgiving (for those of us who live in the U.S. or for U.S. expats everywhere). As we rush to gather up our makings for our Thanksgiving dinners, head out to join our loved ones, or however you intend to enjoy the holiday, our month long look at things we are thankful for, things we love in books may it be authors, narrators, books, or series is coming to a close as well.
I have several more thoughts from two of our readers as well as some from myself. In April of this year, Dreamspinner Press published a debut novel from author Lindsey Black titled Fishy Riot, the first in her Saturday Barbies series. I found it funny, suspenseful, and downright amazing. I love it when that happens with a new author. Then just last week, the author released the second story in the series herself Rhino Ash. And you always wonder if the sequel will live up to the first…and it did. So I contacted the author, needing to know more about her (Australian), the series, and what makes her write (something I’m very grateful for). Look for that author discovery coming soon. Here’s a taste of her bio because I’m grateful for new authors like Lindsey Black:
LINDSEY BLACK lives in Darwin, Australia, where the weather report permanently reads ‘humidity at 100%, only going to get worse’ for ten months of the year and ‘monsoon at 4:00 p.m. for exactly fifteen minutes’ for the remaining two. Between teaching and studying full-time, she escapes this oppressive environment to bushwalk for weeks on end wherever the mobile phone reception has zero bars for as long as possible and the weather report reads something along the lines of ‘blizzard likely.’ …
Free Dreamer also reviewed a new book last week, again another debut novel from Gaia Sol. Echoes of the Gods by Gaia Sol. She gave it 5 stars. Did you read that one? If you love fantasy and mythology as much as F.D. does, there another novel to put on your TBR list. Ah, how our lists and recommendations lengthen at this time of the year….
So much to be grateful for including our wonderful readers….and we even have another month to go before the year is over. Here are some of the thoughts of our readers….
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Melanie, Stella, and all the reviewers at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Thanks for the post and honored you posted my recs. I tend to be lengthy, but there were just so many I was thankful for. As for new authors, I’ll keep this to one:
– Days Without End by Sebastian Barry. About a gay couple\family in mid-1800s in midst of Civil & Indian Wars. It’s more historical western than m/m romance, and has gotten major literary recognition – Man Booker Prize nom, and won its sister award, Costa Book of the Yr.
What have you discovered or have found this year in books that you are
Thankful for Giveaway
What have you discovered or have found this year in books that you are grateful for? Write in and let us know. Short, long, recommendations, however, you would like to tell us. Let’s hear from all of you. Leave us your comment of what you are grateful for in books (author, series, books, narrator, cover artist, whatever it may be, along with your email address where you can be reached if chosen. Multiple gift certificates will be handed out the last week of November! Must be 18 year of age or older to enter.
Apparently I’m thrilled about Australian writers period because N.R. Walker sent me her latest and I’m reviewing it this week
We still have plenty of time left in this month. So keep those wonderful comments and lists coming. Now onto this week’s schedule.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, November 19:
- Sharing What We Are Thankful For In Books Month – Part 3.
- This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- Blog Tour – Vampire Clause by Robert Winter
Monday, November 20:
- Cover Reveal Short Order by Pat Henshaw
- Dreamspinner Dreamspun Desires Promo Felicitas Ivey
- BLITZ For The Love of Samuel by RP Andrews
- Review Tour – Chris Ethan’s Jingle Spell
- A Jeri Review: Off the Ice by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn
- An Ali Review: Psycho Romeo (Ward Security #1) by Jocelynn Drake & Rinda Elliott
Tuesday, November 21:
- A Rumored Affair Tour RABT Book Tours
- Dreamspinner Dreamspun Desires Promo Kim Fielding
- Release Blitz Tour for DJ Jamison’s Yours For The Holiday
- A MelanieM Review:The Wanderer (The Sin Bin #1) by Dahlia Donovan
- A VVivacious Review: A Sniper’s Devotion (Cuffs, Collars and Love #5) by Christa Tomlinson
- An Ali Audiobook Review: ’Tis the Season by Alex Jane and Michael Fell (Narrator)
Wednesday, November 22:
- Audio Review Tour: Smoky Mountain Dreams by Leta Blake
- Dreamspinner Press Promo for BA Tortuga’s Hurricane
- Release Blitz for Eli Easton’s Desperately Seeking Santa
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Audiobook Review: Smoky Mountain Dreams by Leta Blake and John Solo (Narrator)
- A Julia Review: Ardulum: Second Don by J.S. Fields
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Hurricane by BA Tortuga
Thursday, November 23 – Happy Thanksgiving
- Dreamspinner Press Promo: Heart Unheard (Hearts Entwined #2) by Andrew Grey
- Release Blitz – Joanna Chambers – Merry & Bright
- RIPTIDE TOUR and Giveaway: All of the Above by Quinn Anderson
- A Caryn Review: Safety Protocols for Human Holidays by Angel Martinez
- A Free Dreamer Review: Olympia Knife by Alysia Constantine
- A MelanieM Audiobook Review: Out! (The Shamwell Tales #3) by J.L. Merrow and Mark Steadman (Narrator)
Friday, November 24:
- Dreamspinner Promo Sean Michael
- Release Blitz Tour – Jackie Keswick’s Undercover Star
- RIPTIDE TOUR & Giveaway: Came Upon a Midnight Clear by Katie Porter
- A Jeri Release Day Review: Tried & True (THIRDS #10) by Charlie Cochet
- An ALi Review: Watch Point by Cecilia Tan
- A MelanieM Pre Release Review: On Davis Row by N.R. Walker
- An Alisa Review: My Forever, My Always (Men of Crooked Bend #1) by Taylor Rylan
Saturday, November 25:
Release Blitz – Make The Yuletide Gay – Various Authors