Personal Best 3 by Sean Michael
Cover Artist: Alexandria Corza
Published March 22nd 2019
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is happy to host Sean Michael here again on tour for his novel Personal Best 3. Welcome, Sean.
Thank you to Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words for hosting me today!
So most of my other posts for Personal Best 3 have somehow revolved around food and why buck a good trend?
As I write this, I’m not feeling great. Just a cold, but those kind of zap your energy and leave you feeling low. I’ve often said that one of my favorite comfort foods is grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup, but the grilled cheese has to be made with plain loaf toast and Kraft slices.
However, if I’m not sick, there are some amazing varieties of ‘grilled cheese sandwich.’
Here are five different ways to make grilled cheese anything but that classic comfort food, but nonetheless delicious.
5. Pretzel bun, a sharp cheddar and a bit of whole seed Dijon mustard – the advantage to whole seed mustard is that you get these little pops of mustard flavor.
4. Sliced steak sprinkled with blue cheese on a light rye bread. As with all grilled cheese, even when the cheese isn’t quite the star, the trick is to get the bread really crispy.
3. Pumpernickel bread with lots soft ripened mozzarella, a slice of tomato and a few leaves of fresh basil. Like the classic caprese salad in a sandwich.
2. Grilled cheese sandwich made with raisin bread, cheddar cheese and apple slices is delicious and a lot of fun for kids and adults alike.
1. My absolute favorite that I’ve eaten is pear slices and brie cheese on sourdough bread. The bread gets a lovely crunch and nothing melts as ooey gooey as a brie cheese.
What’s your favorite unconventional grilled cheese sandwich?
smut fixes everything
Swimmer Mike Gauliet is on his way to an Olympic berth, sitting on the edge of fulfilling his potential and achieving the dreams his coach and lover, Jessy Turner, has for both of them.
All Mike wants to think about is swimming his laps faster than anyone else. Too bad things aren’t going exactly according to plan. Mike’s getting threats, and he’s afraid to tell Jessy and determined to handle things alone.
When the threats escalate to the point where Mike can’t hide them, though, Jessy takes over, moving Mike to a new training location, promising to keep him safe. Mike and Jessy try to go on with business as usual, but someone has such hatred for Mike that it seeps into their everyday life, straining their relationship, making Mike wonder if he even wants to swim anymore. Danger lurks around every corner, in and out of the pool, and while Mike and Jessy work with the police to discover the culprit, one attack leaves their life in shambles. Can Mike and Jessy find their attacker and get Mike back on track to a championship?
Best-selling author Sean Michael is a maple leaf–loving Canadian who spends hours hiding out in used book stores. With far more ideas than time, Sean keeps several documents open at all times. From romance to fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi, Sean is limited only by the need for sleep—and the periodic Beaver Tail.
Sean fantasizes about one day retiring on a secluded island populated entirely by horseshoe crabs after inventing a brain-to-computer dictation system. Until then, Sean will continue to write the old-fashioned way.
Sean Michael on the web: