Release Date: December 11, 2017
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Interview with K.C. Wells & Parker Williams
- As you write as a team, what happens with a story? Does one of you come up with an idea or both?
We each come up with story ideas, then we run them by our betas to see which gets their thumbs up. In our current series, we ran eight ideas by them. Five got a green light, so those are the ones we’ll concentrate on first.
- With sequels, do you already know where the series is going (plotting it out) or pantzing it? You throw ideas at each other and see what happens?
KC is an epic plotter. I’m a pantser. We mesh our styles by doing a little of each. In this series, it’s more pantsing, but there are plotting elements as well, since the stories do interconnect.
- Bdsm is a reoccurring theme/element in many of your stories….why? Other than you find it sexy of course….
Well, finding it sexy is definitely a plus. But there’s also the stories where the men take care of one another. At the core, our stories are more love with a little BDSM. And yeah, it’s sexy.
- Did each of you write a character here or is it a combined effort?
Definitely a combined effort. As the stories take place in London, KC is the one who has the say in what we do/don’t do. I trust her judgment and let her lead where we’re going to go with it.
- What are your favorite things about this story?
Mine personally? Rob. I have wanted a story for him ever since I read An Unlocked Heart. At his core, Rob was mean and sneaky and…vulnerable. I saw flaws in him. When we started Secrets, KC said we could do a story for him, and I was all over that!
- What grabs at your hearts about your own characters? What “human flaws” do you find the hardest to write about and the easiest? If there is such a thing.
No one liked Rob. He didn’t deserve it. We like taking a person who seemingly had no redeemable qualities and making him into something that people didn’t expect. One blogger who reviewed it said she hated Rob going in, and it took her a long time to change her mind. We love our flawed characters, because there is so much of a chance to build them back up.
- What’s next in the series?
The next book in the series, Threepeat, will be something I’ve never done before. It’s a ménage story, with two Doms who take in a young man they found on the streets. Aaron and Sam show up in books one and two, and now it’s their turn to get a story. Tim, the guy Aaron finds on the street, will fall in love with them before he finds out that there used to be three men in the relationship…
The really weird thing about this book? We both had the same idea for it…on the same day. No, really… And when you know that Parker doesn’t write ménage, that makes it all the weirder…
- What’s next for each of you as writers?
I submitted a book called ‘Lincoln’s Park’ to Dreamspinner. It’s about a guy who owns a diner and the guy he hires as a server. It starts out as business, but becomes something more, thanks to the machinations of their friend. This one also has light BDSM elements, but they should be fun. (Think Noel wearing a sex toy while he’s working…)
And KC submitted her first ever murder mystery, Truth Will Out. We’re both waiting to hear!
Parker Williams believes that true love exists, but it always comes with a price. No happily ever after can ever be had without work, sweat, and tears that come with melding lives together.