Down Under Author Showcase Update
Oh, the fun we are having with our Down Under Author Showcase. I’ve learned so much about Australia and New Zealand just putting together the facts of the day for both countries. And that has me itching to go and check it all out for myself. Glowworm caves? Who knew?
Plus, as I am devouring John Wiltshire’s series, More Heat Then The Sun, and loving it. Have you grabbed those up yet? I am overwhelmed with all the new authors and books that I myself have added to my TBR pile and auto buy list! It’s been great and it continues this week, our last full week of the month.
So far, here’s our author roll call to date:
1/1 Christian Baines
1/2/2015 Nicki J. Markus 1/10/2015 N. R. Walker
1/3/2014 Anne Barwell 1/12/2015 John Terry Moore
1/5/2015 N.J. Nielson 1/13/2015 Beany Sparks
1/6/2015 L.J. LaBarthe 1/14/2015 A.B. Gayle
1/7/2015 Michelle Rae 1/15/2015 Lisa Henry
1/8/2015 Renae Kaye 1/16/2015 Meredith Shayne
1/9/2015 John Wiltshire 1/17/2015 Pelaam
If you have missed a day, go back and see what you have missed. Check out their bios and their books and enter their giveaways. And don’t forget to search out the Scavenger Hunt Word of the Day as well as my Australia and New Zealand fun facts!
The Burnt Toast B&B Book Tour and Charity Donations!
Now onto The Burnt Toast B&B Tour,(of which we are a participant) from authors Heidi Belleau, Rachel Haimowitz and Riptide Publishing. The Burnt Toast B&B story (which Barb read, reviewed and loved) included a trans character, Ginsburg. Well, hear it from Heidi and Rachel:
Ginsberg’s background of financial hardship and lack of family support is all too common among many people who, like him, are trans and trying to live happy, fulfilling lives as their true selves. As such, we the authors, our publisher Riptide, and our generous blog tour hosts will be using the next few days to highlight the personal fundraisers of real trans people in need. We hope that if you’ve got a little extra money this month, you’ll consider donating, and if money’s tight, maybe you can help by spreading the word, too.
For our part, Rachel, Heidi, and Riptide will be giving donors a $5 Riptide credit code for every $10 in donations you make (up to $50 in codes per person, up to $5,000 in codes overall)–just email your donation receipt(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Burnt Toast Tour Donation,” and Riptide will send out all $5 codes a week after the tour ends. (It’s totally cool, by the way, to spread your donations across multiple fundraisers if you’d like; we’ll add up all your receipts sent in a single email and base your credit vouchers on the grand total.)
We’re also hosting a special contest for people who donate: every dollar in donations to any of these fundraisers will earn you an entry into a drawing for a full paperback set of Riptide’s current Bluewater Bay lineup, OR two signed paperback copies of The Burnt Toast B&B. We’ll draw one week after the blog tour ends. Every dollar helps, and every dollar counts!
And there’s more, plus additional ways you can help:
Lastly, we’ll randomly select three commenters from all the tour stops and donate $50 apiece in each winner’s name to the trans charity or fundraiser of their choice. (Please be sure to leave a way for us to contact you if you win!)
Today’s featured fundraiser is for Reid, a young Canadian trans man struggling to make ends meet because of employment discrimination. You can find it at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/transman-needs-a-little-help.
For the entire post and wonderful way Heidi Belleau, Rachel Haimowitz and Riptide Publishing are using this heartwarming story to help others, visit our page here and/or follow the entire tour which can be found here!
Transgender rights is an important issue everywhere and transgender people need our support in every way possible. If you know of other organizations or venues that support transgender rights, email them to us and we will put them on our LGBTQ list.
Now Here is Our Schedule at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words this Week!
Monday, January 19:
- Down Under Day 19: Welcome, Toni Griffin, AUS/NZ Facts of the Day
- Down Under Author Toni Griffin
- A MelanieM Review: Chestnuts Roasting Anthology (repost)
- KC Wells “Bond of Three” Book Tour and Contest
- A MelanieM Review: Bayou Des Infants by Lynn Lorenz
Tuesday, January 20:
- Down Under Day 20: Welcome, L.J. Harris, AUS/NZ Facts of the Day
- Down Under Author: L.J. Harris
- A Sammy Review: Unfortunate Son by Shae Connor
- A Stella Review: A Bond of Three by KC Wells
- Draven St. James Wolf’s Sacrifice Tour and Contest
Wednesday, January 21:
- Down Under Day 21: Welcome, Isabelle Rowan, AUS/NZ Facts of the Day
- Down Under Author: Isabelle Rowan
- A Melanie Review: The Red Heart by Isabelle Rowan
- A Melanie Review: A Note in the Margin by Isabelle Rowan
- A Mika Review: Love Lies Bleeding by Remmy Duchene
- A Sammy Review: Dirty Dining by E.M. Lynley
Thursday,, January 22:
- Down Under Day 22, Welcome, Maggie Nash, AUS/NZ Facts of the Day
- Down Under Author Maggie Nash
- A Mika Review: We Found Love by Kade Boehme & Allison Cassatta
- Tame a Wild Human by Kari Gregg book tour and contest
- Amanda C. Stone ‘Adventures of Cole and Perry’ Virtual Tour and Contest
- A MelanieM Review: Eoin’s Destiny by RJ Scott
Friday, January 23:
- Down Under Day 23, Welcome, Penny Brandon, AUS/NZ Facts of the Day
- Down Under Author Penny Brandon
- Meredith Russell’s Jack Frost Book Tour and Contest
- Iyanna Jenna’s ‘Just A Little Unwell’ Book Tour and Contest
- A BJ Review: Natural Instincts by M Raiya
- A MelanieM Review: A Minor Inconvenience by Sarah Granger
Saturday, January 24:
- Down Under Day 24: Welcome Lily Velden, AUS/NZ Facts of the Day
- Down Under Author Lily Velden, Wayward Ink Press
- Mika Review: The Harvest: Journey’s End by M. A. Church