Meet Beany Sparks!
Beany Sparks is the author of recent releases in her Paws and Magic series, Aiden’s Shepherd and Ryan’s Wizard.
To get to know Beany a little better, the author agreed to an interview. Look for the interview below and the Down Under Scavenger Hunt word found somewhere within.
Beany Sparks lives in Western Australia. She first started reading romance novels in 2008, but it wasn’t until January 2010 when her Kindle got delivered (which she had brought herself on Christmas Day 2009) that the world of erotic romance opened its doors to her, and she hasn’t looked back.
Since English was never her strong subject at school she never expected to write a story, let alone try to get it published. With suggestions and support from friends, her muse—“affectionately” known as PITA—was finally able to break free, and in January 2014 her first story was written. Since she can’t put PITA back in his box—she’s tried!—Beany has decided to give in and team up with him.
Together they’ve made plans to write both MF and MM stories. Why? Because love isn’t gender specific, love is love.
A man who never knew magic and shifters existed gets a crash course when he saves an injured dog.
Aiden Grey is packed and ready to move and start a new phase of his life away from the family that kicked him out when he was eighteen. The night before he leaves he sees something fall out of the back of a van. Upon closer inspection, he is shocked to find that it’s not the bag he suspected, it’s a dog!
He decides to take the dog with him, and the two set off the next morning to Aiden’s new home. Everything is going well for Aiden and the German Shepherd he named Lex. That is, until said German Shepherd shifts into a man who claims Aiden is his mate.
Lex can’t believe he’s finally found his mate. But as happy as he is to have him, he still worries about his brother and pack, and where they have ended up.
With the revelation that shifters exist, secrets about Aiden’s past come to light. Secrets he didn’t even know existed. Suddenly, Aiden has to deal with not only the reality of shifters, but also ghosts and magic. But with Lex by his side he can handle anything—even his surprise guest. (less)
ebook, 111 pages
Published October 1st 2014 by eXtasy Books
seriesPaws and Magic #1
Ryan’s Wizard(Paws and Magic #2): Blurb and Book Details:
After years of no contact, Oliver “Olly” Grey was finally able to reunite with his cousin Aiden. He’s surprised to find that Aiden now has a mate—a male, shifter mate—named Lex. And it’s Lex’s pack mates that Olly is there to help save. What he hadn’t expected was Lex’s brother Ryan.
Ryan Shepherd was happy to have found his brother Lex, and even happier to know that his brother was happily mated. But there is something about Aiden’s cousin Olly that Ryan doesn’t trust, especially when he also smells like the man currently holding his pack members captive. Yet that doesn’t stop Ryan from wanting to hold and comfort the man, and eventually he realizes why—Olly is his mate.
Now the four of them need to plan a rescue mission, but what happens when they run into the two men that had held Lex captive and those same men come to the cabin in the middle of the night?
ebook, 119 pages
Published November 1st 2014 by extasy Books
seriesPaws and Magic #2
Christmas, snow and…a merman? Coming in December 2014 from eXasy Books.
Return of the Cats (het romance)
Contests and Giveaways:
1. Today’s Giveaway (thank you, Beany Sparks) is an eBook copy the reader’s choice of Aiden’s Shepherd or Ryan’s Wizard. Enter using this Rafflecopter link here. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
2. Down Under Scavenger Hunt – find the Hunt “word or phrase” in bold green . Collect all the words from each author and submit the list in writing no later than midnight on February 1st. Make sure you include an email address where you can be reached. Prizes will be given to 5 people selected, from 1st place to 5th! Happy Hunting.
• When did you start writing?
I only started in January 2014.
• Were you a reader as a child?
Definitely! Every parent-teacher conference my mum went to, she would complain to my English teacher that I read too much. They kept telling her that it wasn’t a bad thing.
• What books as a child has the most impact on you?
I love Harry Potter and the Night World series (by L.J. Smith)
• Did that impression carry over into adulthood when you started writing?
I think so because they were about magic and shifters and that’s what I love to read and write.
• Where do you draw inspiration from?
I let my mind wander a lot, occasionally a good idea pops up.
• Favorite genres to write in and why?
Paranormal because it allows me to do whatever I want.
• Title or characters or plot? Which comes first?
Characters. I’m lucky if I get the plot at all! Usually I don’t know what’s going to happen until I’m writing it.
• Favorite book/story you have read as an adult
Too many to choose from!
• What’s the hardest part of writing your books?
My muse PITA who changes the story on me or just shuts up for ages so that I get no writing done.
• If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your first book?
No. It was a good learning curve.
• If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor or has the biggest influence on you?
I would say Bailey (Bradford) or Talia (Carmichael). They encouraged me from day one and without them, I wouldn’t have gotten the courage to give writing a go. At least not any time soon.
• My first impression of AUS/NZ was from stories and novels like Colleen McCullough’s The Thorn Birds or Nevil Shute’s A Town Like Alice as well as from movies like The Man from Snowy River, The Dish, Rabbit Proof Fence, Strictly Ballroom, and yes, Crocodile Dundee!
There are so many out there.
• What are your current projects?
I’m writing Book 2 in the Merman Tales series and Book 3 in the Paws and Magic series.
• What’s next up for you?
Merman Tales Book 2 is coming out 1st February.