Title: Sweet William
Author: Dianne Hartsock
Genre: Gay Romance, Historical Romance
Publisher: Wayward Ink Publishing
Today Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words welcomes Dianne Hartsock here to share some insight into her characters of her latest novel, Sweet William. Good morning, Dianne.
Thank you so much, Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words, for having me as your guest today. In my story, SWEET WILLIAM, Fredrick has been in love with William for years, though their brief affair had been discovered by William’s father and Fredrick dismissed in disgrace. William suddenly appears in Fredrick’s life again, turning it upside down. Today, Fredrick is sitting alone in his room at the boarding house, and passes the time waiting for William writing down the ten things he’s most afraid of.
- This one’s easy. That William realizes he can do much better than me, and leaves.
- I cause William problems with his family.
- As a tutor, I’m far beneath William’s social standing. I fear the ridicule of his friends at both our expense.
- There are rough men working the docks. I fear being attacked or shanghaied into service.
- I won’t be able to find another position as a tutor and end up with nowhere to live.
- I have an irrational fear of drowning.
- Having to go hungry again.
- That my pneumonia comes back and I can’t afford the doctor.
- My shoes wearing out before I can afford new ones. And I must have a decent coat for work.
- Unable to afford coal.
- Okay, one more. That William is only playing at love when I love him with all my heart.
William Wilkerson leads the life of the privileged rich. Head of his father’s shipping business, he indulges to his heart’s content in the pleasures of the flesh with Boston’s finest young men.
That is, until he reunites with Fredrick: his former tutor and the one man who captured his heart.
But William’s father has declared Fredrick off limits. And Fredrick, himself, believes he’s beneath the attention of the Wilkerson heir.
After having lost his current pupil to graduation, and with no prospects of a replacement, Frederick is homeless, hungry, and easy pickings for the men on the docks.
When Frederick is shanghaied into service on William’s own merchant ship, will William discover his plight in time to rescue him?
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-William-Dianne-Hartsock-ebook/dp/B01EAU61KS/
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sweet-William-Dianne-Hartsock-ebook/dp/B01EAU61KS/
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/Sweet-William-Dianne-Hartsock-ebook/dp/B01EAU61KS/
Amazon DE: http://www.amazon.de/Sweet-William-Dianne-Hartsock-ebook/dp/B01EAU61KS/
Prize: $10 ARe Gift Card. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
About the author
DIANNE HARTSOCK is the author of m/m erotic romance, both contemporary and fantasy, the psychological thriller, and anything else that comes to mind. Oh, and a floral designer. If she can’t be writing, at least she has the chance to create through the rich colors and textures of flowers and foliage to bring a smile to someone’s face.
Currently, Dianne lives in the Willamette Valley of Oregon with her incredibly patient husband, who puts up with the endless hours she spends hunched over the keyboard letting her characters play.