Blowing Smoke (SoulShares #5) by Rory Ni Coileain
Release Date: July 15, 2015
Publisher: Riverdale Avenue Books
Cover Artist: Insatiable Designs
Sales Links: Amazon (Kindle) | All Romance (ARe) | Kobo
Book Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvAtyJUkCh0
Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Rory Ni Coileain, author of BLOWING SMOKE, book five in my favorite Soul Shares series.
Hi, Rory, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself, your background, and your current book.
10 things we didn’t know about you.
- I skipped first grade after about a month, when it became obvious that I knew everything they were planning on teaching us that year and they couldn’t figure out what else to do with me.
- You never forget your first Doctor. Mine was #4.
- I’m a Cancer, a Water Tiger in Chinese astrology, and utterly water-phobic.
- I’m the evil twin.
- I have three tattoos. As of yesterday.
- I have two toenails on each pinky toe.
- I used to do cross-stitch and Irish crocheted lace, until I acquired a cat who insisted on helping.
- I came within .01 percent (yes, that’s a hundredth of a percent) in my GPA of being the youngest summa cum laude graduate in the history of my university. The fly in the ointment? My grades in Creative Writing…
- I’m almost ambidextrous. (If I try to brush my teeth left-handed, I hold the brush still and turn my head from side to side really fast.)
- I’m the oldest daughter of an oldest daughter of an oldest daughter, for seven generations all the way back to Ireland.
- Thanks, Rory, for stopping by. I look forward to more of your amazing Soul Shares characters and universe!
Lasair Faol, Master of the Fade-Hounds to the Royal court of the Demesne of Fire in the Fae Realm, has been exiled to the human world by the Princess Consort for failing to catch her son’s kidnapper. Bryce Newhouse, Greenwich Village investment banker, is universally loathed by all who know him. Generally, he’s perfectly cool with that, but he discovers what he’s been missing—literally—when he finds Lasair chained in his basement.
Bryce was supposed to receive half of Lasair’s soul at his birth, but thanks to the Fae of Purgatory, the Pattern—portal between the worlds—has been damaged, and Bryce’s soul arrived thirty-one years too late. Now the exiled Fae is the shunned human’s only hope of healing his broken past. And with the fate of two worlds riding on that healing, Lasair is going to have to overcome both his race’s innate mistrust of genuine emotion and his own very unFae awkwardness, to have any chance of reaching Bryce’s impenetrable heart.
Pages or Words: 70,094 words
Categories: Erotica, Fantasy, Romance, Urban Fantasy
[Excerpt (NSFW) By clicking on the link you confirm you are 18 years of age or older. ]
Bryce straightened, stepping out of his trousers and nudging them aside with a foot. He blushed faintly, smiling a little, when he saw how intensely Lasair was watching him.
“I want more of that smile,” Lasair murmured, letting his leggings fall and drawing Bryce close.
“You’re looking at my smile?” To continue reading..:
Rory Ni Coileain has been writing almost as long as she’s been reading, and reading almost as long as she’s been talking. She majored in creative writing in college, back when Respectable Colleges didn’t offer such a major, so she designed it herself—being careful to ensure that she never had to take a class before nine in the morning or take a Hemingway survey course. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa at the age of nineteen, sent off her first short story to an anthology being assembled by an author she idolized, received the kind of rejection letter that fuels decades of therapy, and found other things to do for the next thirty years or so, including nightclub singing, working as a volunteer lawyer for Gay Men’s Health Crisis, and studying ballet in New York City, until her stories grabbed her by the shirt collar and announced they were back.
Now she’s a legal editor, a soprano in her church choir and the St. Mark’s Cathedral Choral Society (unless they’re singing Mozart, because she’s decided that Mozart didn’t like sopranos very much), the mother of a teenaged son, Brony, and budding film-maker (all wrapped up in one amazing offspring), and amanuensis to a host of Fae, Gille Dubh, and shapeshifters who are all anxious to tell their stories, and some of whom aren’t very good at waiting their turns.
Enter to win a Rafflecopter Prize: E-book of ‘Blowing Smoke’ (Kindle format only). Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Link and prizes provided by the owner and Pride Promotions.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out the new covers for some of your favorite (and mine) SoulShare stories:
Tour Dates & Stops:
My Fiction Nook
Prism Book Alliance
MM Good Book Reviews
Inked Rainbow Reads
For the Love of Bookends
Andrew Q. Gordon
Jessie G. Books
Dawn’s Reading Nook
Hearts on Fire
Scattered Thoughts & Rogue Words
Bayou Book Junkie
BFD Book Blog
The Blogger Girls