A Month Full of Pride
As we count the days down towards the end of June, we’ve have a wonderful month full of Pride. And we have one last week to go. Last week we announced the winners of our Pride Readers Best Coming Out Stories Giveaway. This week we put together a list of all of those recommended stories. Please feel free to add to it by commenting or let us know if we’ve left any out. It’s always great to have a place to lookup those stories we love to read but can’t always remember their names. We will have a place here to start looking up Rec Lists (coming soon). Here is our Readers Best Coming Our Stories:
Readers Recommended Best Coming Out Stories!
Knight of Ocean Avenue by Tara Lain
Ready For Love by Stella Starling
Falling Together by SK (Shelley) Grayson
#gaymers series by Annabeth Albert
Thanks a Lot, John LeClair by Johanna Parkhurst
Patient Eyes by Andy Eisenberg
Kaje Harper’s Life Lessons
My Summer of Wes by Missy Welsh
There’s This Guy by Rhys Ford
Superhero by Eli Easton
Bad Boyfriend by KA Mitchell.
True Colors by Anyta Sunday
American Love Songs by Ashlyn Kane
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secret of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Unexpected Guest by Andy Eisenberg.
Boy Meets Boy” by David Levithan
We have one last week for everyone to enter into our Father’s Day giveaway. Give us your best stories with families and children, gay dads and their kids…
~Pride Father’s Day Celebration Giveaway – Last Week~
Give us your best suggestions for books involving LGBTQIA families or LGBT people with children stories. I just finished last week’s wonderful Accepting The Fall by Meg Harding, with firefighter Zander Brooks learning to cope with fatherhood as the parent of a bright, frightened 5 year old. Terrific story. And Dragon Home by Mell Eight with William, the foster parent of two growing dragons kits (a whole different set of parenting skills required there). But I know there are soooo many out there! Let’s start a list!
So for Father’s Day, what books melted your heart? That had children, maybe puppies or kittens or both? Amy Lane’s Promises series just jumps to my mind. What comes into yours? Ones that break your heart and then puts them back together again. Stories you never forget because your heart won’t let them go….
Tell me which ones you love and let’s share our favorites. A random reader who leaves a comment or readers (you never know here) will receive a $10 gift certificate. Dreamspinner Press or Amazon, your choice. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Happy Pride Month. Giveaway ends midnight June 30th. Winners announced July 1st.
And now for some very sad news. Author A.C. Katt has passed away suddenly. Kris Jacen of MLR Press announced the news on her FB page. Many of our reviewers here, including Paul who also passed away recently, loved her stories including her Werewolves of Manhattan series. Here is more on the author:
AC Katt was born in New York City’s Greenwich Village. She remembers sitting at the fountain in Washington Square Park listening to folk music while they passed the hat. At nine, her parents dragged her to New Jersey where she grew up, married and raised four children and became a voracious reader of romantic fiction. At one time she owned over two thousand novels.
Now, most of AC’s books are electronic (although she still keeps six bookcases of hardcovers), so she never has to give away another book. AC writes GLBT andis to writing, a late bloomer, however, she’s found her niche writing GLBT romance. She currently writes for MLR Press, JMS Books, and Decadent Publishing.
She will be missed. Our condolences go out to her family and friends. Her stories will always be with us.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, June 25:
- A Month Full of Pride.
- This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, June 26:
- DSP GUEST POST Erik Swill on Too Many Temples
- Release Day Blitz Nate’s Last Tango by Kevin Klehr
- A Lila Review: Waiting for You (Lifesworn #1) by Megan Derr
- A Stella Release Day Review: Slim Chance by Jeff Erno
- An Ali Release Day Review: Model Investigator (Haven Investigations #3) by Lissa Kasey
- An Alisa Release Day Review: Coach’s Challenge (Scoring Chances #5) by Avon Gale
Tuesday, June 27:
- Blog Tour Moro’s Price by M. Crane Hana
- Release Day Blast Regret by Christina Lee
- Smitty’s Sheriff (Hope Collection) by Cardeno C. /Tour
- A Caryn Review: Misdemeanor (Responsible Adult #1) by C.F. White
- A MelanieM Review McShayne’s Dragon (McShayne’s Bloodline Book 1) by Nicole Dennis
- An Ali Review: Windward (Mirror #2) by Kirby Crow /Meridian (Mirror #1) by Kirby Crow
- An Alisa Review: The Sky at Night by Wayne Mansfield
Wednesday, June 28:
- Audiobook Review Tour for See Me (Lightning Tales #3) by K.C. Wells
- HARMONY INK GUEST POST Haven Francis on Riding with Brighton
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Audiobook Review: See Me (Lightning Tales #3) by K.C. Wells
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Pyresnakes by Tray Ellis
- A Stella Release Day Review: Texting, AutoCorrect, and a Prius by M.A. Church
- An Alisa Review: Incubus Touch (Polar Nights Book 1) by Siryn Sueng
Thursday, June 29:
- DSP GUEST POST Jeff Erno on Slim Chance
- RIPTIDE TOUR & Giveaway: Oversight by Santino Hassell
- A New Way to Dance by Sean Michael Blog Tour
- A MelanieM Review: The Hawaiians 4: Hawaiian Ginger by Meg Amor
- An Ali Review: His Pirate (Second Chance #2) by Stephanie Lake
- An Alisa Review: That Alien Feeling by Alessandra Hazard
Friday, June 30:
- Blog Tour for Different Dynamics by Tamir Drake
- DSP GUEST POST Kate McMurray on What’s the Use of Wondering?
- DSP GUEST POST Tray Ellis on Pyresnakes
- Review Tour for RJ Scott’s Kingdom Series Vol. 2
- A Lila Release Day Review: Something’s Brewing at Joe’s by SJD Peterson
- A MelanieM Review: Kingdom Volume 2 (Kingdom #2) by R.J. Scott
- A Stella Release Day Review: A Destiny of Dragons (Tales From Verania) by TJ Klune
Saturday, July 1:
A MelanieM Release Day Review: Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies #2) by Amy Lane