Paul Richmond and his LGBT Artists of Pride Month.
Pride Month continues and this week I wanted to highlight something that Paul Richmond, an amazing artist some of you may recognize only through his covers for Dreamspinner Press or other of it’s houses, is doing this month. Over at his facebook page Paul Richmond Studio every day this month, Paul has taken a different LGBT artist, past or present. Highlighted their works, talked about why this artist has meant so much to him, or perhaps the struggles this artist has had to go through. The journey through different eras, artistic lives and styles has been a revelation!
Some of these artists I have known about (I was a art major in college a stone age ago). But the majority? An astonishing collection of LGBT beauty, pain, and rawness that art can deliver in so many forms.
Paul and his husband are in San Francisco this weekend for Pride at the Harvey Milk Photo Center where Paul’s work is part of the Stonewall 50 Years celebration going on. The artists Paul has highlighted this month have crossed eras, genders, borders and countries. Their art and passion flows out from watercolor , from oils, from photography, from every medium you can think of. Sometimes the juxtaposition of time and styles is startling. A painting simple, modern, and powerfully elegant yet painted in the early 1900’s. A photograph so haunting and dark it feels ancient and yet taken so recently. So many discoveries here at Paul’s Paul Richmond Studio FB page this month.
Here is just a small roll call of the artists Pau is featuring:
Kevin Peterson, Caravaggio, Drew Riley, Jay Elizondo, Kim Leutwyler, Robert Sherer, Grant Wood (who painted the well known American Gothic), Ryan J. Stephens, Lisa McLymont, Briden Cole Schueren, Andrew Salgado, Zanele Muholi, Michael Breyette, Lotte Laserstein,and more.
To see them all and their works each day, head on other to Paul Richmond Studio FB page. Along with their stories, Paul offers up his own remarkable journey from small town boy dreaming of Dolly Parton to successful artist.
Because we are talking about artists, let’s do a Artists Recommendations List. It can feature Artists that are Photographers or Painters! Let’s see what you all come up with! How about potters?
Now about our Novel Recommendations! Last week was Drag Queen Week!
We added quite a few more stories to last week’s list of Drag Queen book recommendations. Thank you to our readers and my reviewers to filled in with so many great stories. Here is the updated list:
Drag Queen M/M Recommendations
The Belladonna Arms (5 books)by John Inman
Bad Dogs and Drag Queens (Rose and Thorne #1) by Julie Lynn Hayes
Kev Series by Liam Livings (from Suze)
Freak (The F-Word 2) by E. Davies (all recs from HB)
A Dirty Drag Collection (Dirty Drag 1, 2, 3) by Kyle Adams
What The Lady Wants by D.C. Juris
Sylver and Steele series by Mimi Riser
Le Jazz Hot by Clancy Nacht & Thursday Euclid
Appearing Nightly (Icon Men 2) by Cat Grant
Max & Skyler Series by Acer Adamson
Dressed to Thrill by Kimberly Gardner
Rayne’s Wild Ride by Jambrea Jo Jones
Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract 2) by A.B. Gayle
Embraced in Gold by T.A. Chase (also know by these titles Embrace My Reflection/ Bring Him Gold)
Lucky Starflowers (Steel City 5) by Kate Pavelle
Hearts and Flour by Tara Lain
Finally Fallen (The Dark Angels 3) by Z. Allora
A King’s Ransom by Aislinn Kerry
My Girl (Captivated Lovers 3) by Stormy Glenn
Chyna Doll (Horizons 4) by Mickie B. Ashling
Lola Dances by Victor J. Banis — no longer on MLR, but can get a paperback from Amazon and BnN
Did I still leave any of your recommendations out? Please help me fill in that list. Send me the books and stories I’ve left out and lets see those drag queens represented!
Special Note: Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is looking for Reviewers! We are looking for reviewers for our blog. If you love to read or listen to LGBT stories and share your thoughts about them with others, consider reviewing with Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words. Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you. We are very flexible about how many reviews each reviewer takes on. That’s entirely up to each reviewer’s own schedule.
And now onto our week ahead.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, June 23:
- Paul Richmond and his LGBT Artists of Pride Month.
- This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- BOOK BLITZ – VARIOUS AUTHORS – HOT SUMMER NIGHTS
- A MelanieM Review:Love in Every Season by Charlie Cochrane
Monday, June 24:
- BLOG TOUR Shatterproof Bond series by Isobel Starling
- BLOG TOUR Finding Alexander by Pandora Pine
- An Alisa Review: Malachite (Brotherhood of Ormarr #4) by Michele Notaro & Sammi Cee
- A MelanieM Review A Dance Too Far (Too Far #1) by H.L. Day
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady: Audio Review Diplomatic Relations (The Sci-Regency #4) by J.L. Langley and KC Kelly
Tuesday, June 25
- Tour:”The Demon of Hagermarsh” by Beryll and Osiris Brackhaus
- BLOG TOUR Another Dance by L. A. Ashton
- A Melanie Review A Step too Far (Too Far #2) by H.L. Day
- An Alisa Audio Review : Prophesy (The King & Alpha #1) by A.E. Via
- A Lila Review The Demon of Hagermarsh (Virasana Empire: Sir Yaden #1) by Beryll Brackhaus and Osiris Brackhaus
Wednesday, June 26:
- Blog tour Surviving the Shadows by Miranda Turner
- I Wished for You by Collette Davison Audio BLITZ
- An Alisa Review: Surviving the Shadows (The Bearer of Truth #2) by Miranda Turner
- A Lucy Prerelease Review : Love & Tea Bags (Pink Rock Series #1) by C.F. White
- A Barb Audio Review : Will & Patrick Wake Up Married Series (Episodes 1-3) by Leta Blake & Alice Griffiths /John Solo
Thursday, June 27:
- Tour: Breaking Ground by Megan Lowe
- BOOK BLITZ – VARIOUS AUTHORS – HOT SUMMER NIGHTS
- A VVivacious Review Change of Heart” by KM Neuhold
- A Melanie Review Another Dance by LA Ashton
- A Lucy Review: Who We Used to Be (Do-Over #1) by Dara J. Nelson
Friday, June 28:
- Release Blitz Signal – Ari McKay – Recipe For Romance
- DSP PROMO Heidi Cullinan
- BLOG TOUR Waited So Long by JM Dabney
- A Chaos Moondrawn Review: Ledgers and Rent Boys (Ore 5 #2) by Meraki P. Lyhne
- A MelanieM Review:The Doctor’s Date (Copper Point Medical #2) by Heidi Cullinan
Saturday, June 29:
- COVER REVEAL Treasure Trail by Morgan Brice
- Release Blitz – Love’s Glory by Janice Jarrell
- Release Blitz Lily – Bernard’s Diary by S. L. Danielson
- A MelanieM Review – Love’s Glory (Revolutionary Heart #3) by Janice Jarrell