November Tidings and Things Unexpected
So you know how you set out to do one thing but life gets in the way? That’s how my Saturday started. I was all set to sit down, get organized, write my Sunday blog, etc but I noticed that my smallest of furkids breathing was laboured as she trucked around the house. Granted that everyone and their brother had their leaf blowers out and had small hurricanes of moldy leaves flying everywhere but no, something was off…more than the usual small health thing she has. So I sat looked, listened, debated.
But not very long. Trusted my instincts because damnit I knew what those sounds were.
Off to the vets after a hurried phone call we went.
I love my vets, they fit us right in early, the waiting room wasn’t too bad that morning, surprisingly. Wow, I thought…we got lucky. Our name got called and into a room we went …where we waited…and waited and waited…and you start to wonder what’s taking so long.
Then come the conversations from the inner hallway….about the emergency that had just come in….surgeries….major punctures…skull…
I’m telling you…right there…knowing that someone’s beloved pet was fighting for their life and someone was there waiting…waiting..waiting..hoping…
It changes everything.
My vet remained in surgery, another came in to take over routine calls and my girl has bronchitis..probably from the new (and never again) mobile groomer we tried out 2 weeks ago. She’s dosed up and will be fine. It was a long day but my thoughts continually go back to that other room, that other owner, that other pet. I so hope with all my heart the news was good …..all went home eventually.
You just never know what a day will bring.
So tonight I’m crawling into bed with my furkids, my favorite comfort reads and my softest socks. And maybe some hot chocolate. Or wine. Definitely wine. The clouds have started arriving but all the snow has stayed north so far.
Snuggles are definitely in order.
I will get organized later on. I promise. Today? It’s all about perspective and hugs. Lots of those. And thinking about how quickly things can change.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, November 10:
- November Tidings and This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, November 11:
- Release Blitz Adore by Ella James
- Release Blitz A New Empire (Fog City #3) by Layla Reyne
- BLITZ Slashed and Mashed, Seven Gayly Subverted Stories by Andrew J. Peters
- Blog Tour for The Shifter’s Shotgun Mating by Ardy Kelly
- An Alisa Review Wishing and Hoping by Tinnean
- An Alisa Review: The Shifter’s Shotgun Mating (Lone Wolves Ranch #2) by Ardy Kelly
- A Chaos Moondrawn Review: Master of Obsidian by Jaime Craig
Tuesday, November 12:
- RELEASE BLITZ Soft Limits: A Deviations Novel by Jodi Payne
- Release Blitz Signal – Across The Pond (Raptors #2) – RJ Scott & VL Locey
- BLITZ Pulse of My Heart by Jessi Noelle
- A MelanieM Review: Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #4) by SJ Himes
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Audio Review: Two Man Advantage (Point Shot #1) by V.L. Locey and Sean Crisden (Narrator)
- A MelanieM Review: The King’s Honour by JL Merrow
Wednesday, November 13:
- Review Tour – Sally Malcolm – Twice Shy (A New Milton Novel)
- BLITZ The Sun Still Rises by Laura Bailo
- BLITZ Holiday Gridlock by Gretchen Evans
- A Lucy Review: Twice Shy (A New Milton Novel) by Sally Malcolm
- A MelanieM Review: Counter Culture by JL Merrow
- A Chaos Moondrawn Review:Two Divided by Zero (Zero Rising #2) by Jackie Keswick
Thursday, November 14:
- Release Blitz Unbreakable (a Heaven and Hell Club prequel) by Colette Davison
- Release Blitz – In This Bed of Snowflakes We Lie by Sophia Soames
- Mr. Right Now by Annabeth Albert Release Blitz,
- A Stella Review: In This Bed of Snowflakes We Lie by Sophia Soames
- An Alisa Review Înflori by A.F. Henley
- A MelanieM Review Unbreakable (a Heaven and Hell Club prequel) by Colette Davison
Friday, November 15:
- Release Blitz – Suki Fleet – For Sam, times infinity
- Blog Tour Rules for Santa by Susan Hawke
- A Stella Review Yuletide Treasure (Goddess-Blessed #3) by Eliot Grayson
- A Melanie Review Marked Yours by Elizabeth Noble
- A Free Dreamer Review: Earnest Ink by Alex Hall
Saturday, November 16:
- A MelanieM Audio Review:Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt #1) by N.R. Walker, and Joel Leslie (Narrator)