October sees our stores start to fill up with all things geared towards the holidays and I’m not just talking about Halloween. No sooner does the candy, masks, and Halloween decorations fly off the shelves, then it’s onto Thanksgiving (US and CAN) and then things like Santas, wreaths, reindeer, elves and more start popping up amidst twinkling stars and fake snow. It’s almost the same with our stories. Have you noticed that?
There’s some lovely contemporary stories with autumn themes coming out or already released, then a quick plethora of shorts with horror or paranormal storylines and then we start sliding into the other holidays almost imperceptibly. I do love that we are seeing a wider variety depicted in our holiday stories. I enjoy reading those, learning and diving into other cultures and religions as I do the romances. How do you all feel about that?
So be on the lookout for books/stories with Halloween, Horror, Witchy time tales, Thanksgiving themes and into the December holidays whatever religion you may or maynot follow. Especially books with the later. Write in with them and let’s see who spots the first December holiday story! Kind of like seeing the first Elf on the Shelf of the season! lol Winner gets a gift certificate. This is in addition to our Horror Rec Giveaway below.
Guess what else is quickly approaching NaNoMa in November. Scratch that onto whatever calendars you keep and know that our writing contest will pop up accordingly.
OK, got all that? Now don’t forget we are also running our horror story Rec Giveaway. Look through all your stories and see which if any fit the profile below. Or give us new ones you’re reading or on your TBR list. We really want to know what’s out there and help our our fellow lovers of Horror and/or Paranormal M/M fiction.
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Horror Story Recs Giveaway
We will run this all month long in order to take advantage of all the new scary books coming out this month as well. So leave a comment/rec, along with your email address where you can be reached if chosen. We will have more than one winner for our gift certificates. Must be 18 years of age or older. Also acceptable are spooky paranormal stories! Ghostly hauntings! Witchy doings! You get the idea! Even throw in a zombie or two! Contest ends October 28 at midnight.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, October 8:
- October Reading and This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, October 9:
- RIPTIDE TOUR Finding Home by Garrett Leigh
- Release Blitz for His Convenient Husband by Robin Covington
- Tara Lain’s “High Balls” Blog Tour and Giveaway
- A Caryn Review: Bad Boy’s Bard (Fae Out of Water, #3) by E.J. Russell
- A Julia Review: Her Hometown Girl by Lorelie Brown
- A MelanieM Review: Whitecott Manor by Emma Jane
Tuesday, October 10:
- DSP Publications Promo J. Scott Coatsworth on The Stark Divide
- Book Blast for Men of Crooked Bend Series by Taylor Rylan
- A Kai Review: One Call Away by Felice Stevens
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: The Stark Divide (Liminal Sky #1) by J. Scott Coatsworth
- A MelanieM Review: Psycho (Brawlers, #2) by J.M. Dabney
- An Alisa Review: Good Things by April Kelley
Wednesday, October 11:
- Release Blitz Tour for We Met In Death by KA Merikan
- Dreamspinner Promo Tere Michaels on The Heir Apparent
- Book Blitz for Silvia Violet ‘s The Past Comes Home
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Hexslayer (Hexworld #3) by Jordan L. Hawk
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Breakfast at Midnight by Kim Dias
- An Ali Release Day Review: Unbroken Hearts (Unbreak My Heart #2) by K-lee Klein
Thursday, October 12:
- Release Blitz Tour for Bitten by Desire (Regent’s Park Pack #3) by Annabelle Jacobs
- Release Day Blitz for Love By Number by DJ Jamison
- RIPTIDE Publishing Tour and Giveaway: Sightlines by Santino Hassell
- A Stella Review: The Shipwreck (Lavender Shores #4) by Rosalind Abel
- A MelanieM Review: Bull (Brawlers, #3) by J.M. Dabney
- A Free Dreamer Review: Covet by Yolande Kleinn
Friday, October 13:
- Review Tour – Amy Aislin – Picture Winter
- Dreamspinner Press Tour for Unbroken Hearts (Unbreak My Heart #2) by K-lee Klein
- Dreamspinner Dreamspun Desires Promo Sean Michael
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Release Day Review: Taming the Beast by Andrew Grey
- A MelanieM Review: Hunter (Brawlers, #4) by J.M. Dabney
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Afraid to Fly by LA Witt and Nick J. Russo (Narrator)
- An Alisa Review: Picture Winter by Amy Aislin
Saturday, October 14:
- Release Blitz for Addison Albright’s Vows 1 & 2
- A MelanieM Recent Release Review: Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove #2) by Annabeth Albert