November Draws to a Close and The Things We Are Grateful For
We have had many wonderful comments from our readers this month on books, series, and authors they are grateful for and love. I too have mentioned authors and books that I have discovered and have continued to love over the course of this year and the past ones. New authors to me have made me instant fans with their incredible characters and stories that grabbed at my heart and mind. They included J.M. Dabney (all 3 series), Dahlia Donovan (who’s series I’m just starting to review), and of course Lindsay Black of the Saturday Barbie series. Her Author Discovery is up later this morning.
Plus there are all the wonderful authors I continue to grab up on just the whiff of a new release and their name: Rhys Ford, B.A. Tortuga, Megan Derr, Amy Lane, Carol Cummings, Mary Calmes, Charlie Cochrane, Alex Beecroft, Heidi Cullinan, RJ Scott, Alexis Hall just to name a tiny few in no particular order….
Plus several of my favorite series came to a close this year in fantastic form….I’ll talk more about them in December for our end of the year lists but I have to mention Tere Michael’s Faith, Love, & Devotion series as well as Kaje Harper’s Building Forever which finished off her trilogy. So many incredible authors, so much talent and heart to be grateful for. Look for our December Year End Lists for more of both!
Plus I’m going to make a special notation here. I’m reviewing a very special book this week: Watermelon Kisses by Freddy Mackay. It left my heart bruised, me in tears most of the time, and finally curled up around my Kindle, holding it tight, full of love and hope for the special men and their brave love the story told about. Nothing prepares you for the power of this story, certainly not the title or the synopsis. Run, immediately and grab this one up! Yes, I’m definitely grateful for Watermelon Kisses and Freddy Mackay.
So let’s finish up our What We Are Thankful For Month with some last thoughts and comments from our readers:
I’m always grateful when an author continues a favorite series, so this year has been great. A few new to me authors also broke through and then I had to play catch-up!
James Buchanan, The Family Eternal, 5th in the Deputy Joe series
Alexis Hall, How To Bang A Billionaire
Santino Hassell, Illegal Contact
Jex Lane, Broken 3rd in the Beautiful Monsters series
Lily Morton, Rule Breaker
Riley Hart, Depth Of Field
Megan Derr, The Tale Of The Lost Star, 3rd in the Tales Of The High Court series
TJ Klune, A Destiny of Dragons, 2nd in the Tales From Verania series
I have found some great authors and new genres to try this year. I may have not liked them all, but there were a few that were so amazing that I was glad I got over whatever fear I had. Also, I am grateful for the chance to re-read old favorites and find out that I still love them, that things haven’t changed with time and having read more books.
Off the top of my head, I’m so glad I tried Strays by Garrett Leigh.
I have a bit of obsession with UK-setting books ;-), so I’m thankful for the Porthkennack universe and the various authors and genre of the book. It’s been wonderful following each and every stories.
I am also grateful for book covers that not always featuring naked torso men *lol*. Yes, for that I am grateful and thankful for the cover artists like Natasha Snow. She is amazing.
And finishing up with Purple Reader:
Indeed, Happy Thanksgiving to all. I’ll have to check out Black, and to go along with the idea of a debut, I’ve got one I was thankful to have read:
– A Love Like Blood, by Victor Yates.
It was one of the best debuts I have read, and the Lammy it got in 2016 for best debut was well deserved. It was brave, diverse, unique and artistic in a story that challenged and ultimately moved me.
And thank you, H.B., a special Happy Holidays to you too.
We here at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words are especially grateful for all our readers and hope you all had and have a wonderful holidays. We chose the following readers to be given $10 gift certificates: Lennis, Ami, Ana, Waxapplelover, and Didi. A new giveaway starts next week! Meanwhile thank you all again!
If the winners will contact Stella at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address they use, we will sort out your gift certificate immediately.
Now this week we also start in with our reviews of the Dreamspinner Advent stories. What are they you say? Read all about it below. In fact be prepared to start our holiday story bombardment….contemporary, scifi, paranormal….holiday stories come in all genres and we will be reviewing them!
2017 Advent Calendar Daily – Stocking Stuffers Series (31 books)
Sometimes it’s the little things that mean the most….
The holidays are a time when bigger often means better, and meals are huge, decorations are over-the-top, and elaborate gifts and grand gestures are one way to show affection. But beneath all the pomp and ceremony, after the grandiose presents have been unwrapped, the stocking stuffers are still waiting to add that final sparkle to the perfect celebration. Even the tiniest trinkets can be gems when they’re chosen with love, and like a good love story, they are held close to the heart and treasured for years to come. The festivities don’t have to end after the feasts and gift exchanges. Dig a little deeper for romantic stocking stuffers both naughty and nice.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, November 26:
- November Draws to a Close and The Things We Are Grateful For.
- This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- Author Discovery: Lindsey Black
- Release Blitz – Secret Santa – Jay Northcote
Monday, November 27:
- Dreamspinner Promo Ken Harrison
- TOUR Curses, Foiled Again by Sera Trevor
- On the Cadge -Relaunched Lessons series blog tour with Charlie Cochrane
- A Caryn Review: Citywide by Santino Hassell
- An Alisa Review: But To Love More by Foster Bridget Cassidy
- A Lila Release Day Review: Romance Redefined by SJD Peterson
Tuesday, November 28:
- RIPTIDE TOUR & Giveaway: The Remaking of Corbin Wale by Roan Parish
- Release Blitz for Not Just For Christmas by Annabelle Jacobs
- Dreamspinner Promo Kris T. Bethke on Hearts and Hazelnuts
- A Jeri Review: A Sniper’s Devotion (Cuffs, Collars and Love #5) by Christa Tomlinson
- A MelanieM Review: Junkyard Heart (A Porthkennack novel) by Garrett Leigh
- A Stella Review: Hard Fight by Laura N. Andrews
- An Alisa Release Day Review: Angel 1089 (Heaven Corp. #1) by C.C. Bridges
Wednesday, November 29:
- Review Tour –Texas Gift (Texas #8) by R.J. Scott
- Review Tour: Jackie Keswick’s Undercover Star
- A MelanieM Review: Texas Gift (Texas #8) by R.J. Scott
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Hearts and Hazelnuts (States of Love) by Kris T. Bethke
- An Alisa Review: Guardian of Magic by Dominique Frost
- A MelanieM Review: Watermelon Kisses by Freddy Mackay (Mischief holiday story)
Thursday, November 30:
- Dreamspinner Promo CC Bridges
- RIPTIDE TOUR & Giveaway: Infamous by Jenny Holiday
- SERIES BLAST – Hunter Dane and Camden Snow Series by Adira August
- A MelanieM Review: The Caretaker (The Sin Bin #2) by Dahlia Donovan
- A Stella Review: Officer Charming and the Prince Who Wooed Him by Sarah Hadley Brook
- An Alisa Review: Resurrected (Alpha’s Warlock #2) by Kris Sawyer
Friday, December 1:
- Release Blitz: Sloan Johnson’s Inseparable
- Release Blitz for Deep Edge (Railers #3) by RJ Scott & VL Locey
- Release Blitz Audiobook Tour: To Love and To Cherish by Addison Albright
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Advent Release Day Review: Dear Ruth by Kim Fielding❄️
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: High Test by Elizabeth Noble
- An Alisa Release Day Review: Fangs and Catnip (Dead and Breakfast #1) by Julia Talbot
Saturday, December 2:
- Release Blitz – Keira Andrews’ In Case Of Emergency
- An Alisa Advent Release Day Review: O Hell, All Ye Shoppers by Louisa Masters❄️