Announcements and Less Than Scattered Thoughts
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is Going on Hiatus as of February 1, 2020. We intend on returning June 1, 2020.
Real life has been complicated and incredibly time consuming of late. The effects of aging is often not kind, and it’s hard to see it’s impact upon one’s parents. And then have to deal with it.
Sometimes the change is gradual, and then, without notice, like some out of control vehicle, the changes speedup rapidly, veering off in directions you least expected, leaving you scrambling for time, plans, and someone to provide assistance for you and them.
And it all takes time.
I have tried handling this, my life, and the blog. And it hasn’t been going well. So for now, Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words will go on hiatus February 1 until June. Our intention is to return then, restored and recovered.
I hope you will return as well. Trust me, this was a very difficult decision as I love this blog, our reviewers, authors, and readers so. We make no money off of STRW and do it solely out of love.
We hope you will stay with us all through January and return to us in the summer.
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Does Not and Will Not Support Dreamspinner Press Through Tours or ARCs, now or in the future.
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words has not worked or accepted tours or ARCS since October 2019, and will not, (even if they manage to pull off some sort of restructuring deal and avoid bankruptcy) from Dreamspinner Press, its owner Elizabeth North, and any of its associated presses. Like other bloggers, readers, and tour owners, we too had hoped originally that DSP would turn things around. Then began the long parade of authors out of Dreamspinner, the lengthy tweets and tales of unpaid royalties (still unpaid royalties and unreturned emails), the impact DSP”s action’s have had on these author’s lives, the immeasurable pain and stress that’s been caused, and, their latest maneuver, makes any support impossible.
I am sorry for those authors still remaining at that firm for whatever reason. If any of you have ARCs that are self published or published with another press, we will be happy to help you promote those upon our return in the Summer and this January.
On a hilarious side note, when contacted by a certain author for Dreamspinner, asking if we wanted to continue with their tours/ARCS, we politely said not at this time. And were then informed we were put on their blacklist. lol A company that acts in such a (insert word of choice here) manner, imo, and acts towards to many authors but has a blacklist? That’s irony. #payyourauthors
A last note on this subject here.
We also fully throw our support towards those blogs, authors, and readers who have been so brave and vocal in supporting the LGBTQIA+ authors who left Dreamspinners and have been outspoken about the reasons why and the impact on their lives and writing. This includes Jay of Joyfully Jay, RJ Scoot, Avon Gale, TJ Klune, BA Tortuga, Jodi Payne, Julia Talbot, Sean Kennedy, Sean Michael, Anna Zabo, among others. There are over 80 ex DSP authors, all with the same story. They need our support. We will be here to help them through January and again in the summer when we return.
Plus I will be reading all through my blog’s hiatus so I will have a backlog of books to review come return time! None of which will be DSP!
Now on a more positive note.
Here is Lila’s Short Best of 2019 List:
Best Cover – I Was a Gay Teenage Zombie by Alison Cybe
Best Audiobook – Salt Magic, Skin Magic by Lee Welch: narrated by Joel Leslie
Overall Best – Bishop by A.E. Via
Now onto this week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, January 5:
- Announcements and This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, January 6:
- BLITZ Love on the Spectrum by Alec Nortan
- BLITZ Life Minus Me by Sara Codair
- Blog Tour – Inheritance (Deadly Curiosities #4) by Gail Z. Martin
- A Melanie Review Inheritance (Deadly Curiosities #4) by Gail Z. Martin
Tuesday, January 7:
- Cover Reveal Signal – Fade In (A Tales of Bryant Romance) – V.L. Locey
- Reveal Blitz Shots on Goal (Stick Side #3) by Amy Aislin
- BLITZ Lord of Thundertown by O.F. Cieri
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Devil’s Hour by Aimee Nicole Walker
Wednesday, January 8:
- BLITZ Boiling Over by Thea McAlistair
- AUDIO BLITZ All the Way to Shore by CJane Elliott
- REVIEW TOUR – A.E. VIA – PROMISES: PART 1 (BOUNTY HUNTERS #1)
- An Alisa Audio Review A.E. VIA – PROMISES: PART 1 (BOUNTY HUNTERS #1)
Thursday, January 9:
- BLOG TOUR Devil’s Hour by Aimee Nicole Walker
- A MelanieM Review: The Hunt for Red Fluffy (Brimstone #6) by Angel Martinez
Friday, January 10:
- Release Blitz – Biker Daddy (The Grimm Tales of Smoky Vale Book 1) by Gianni Holmes
- A Chaos Moondrawn Review: Forbidden Bond by Lee Colgin
Saturday, January 11:
- A MelanieM Review: Head in the Game by Jeff Adams
Sorry to hear this but hope everything turns out well and you all can return in the summer well rested.
I was wishing the thing with DSP would get better but well it just seems to be getting worse with more time that’s going by. It’s sad that this is happening and affecting so many authors.