August, summer reading, and books has always been associated together in my mind, especially growing up. August was the month of reading lists, it was the last days of getting away for a vacation, of those summer “big books” you lugged to the beach in tote bags full of soda, sunscreen and beach towels. August was the month for your last chance of a vacation romance and stories to stock up on to tell you friends in September. August was hot, lazy yet full of a kind of desperation to pack in as much fun as you can for fall and September was calling. Some read, some boogied the nights away, some did both. And most of us can remember those blockbuster books we poured over in the sands and porches that marked the passing of summer.
In my mind, that sandy stack of books used to be all about the “winding down”. Now my book stack is mostly electronic and August is all about the “winding up”. Sort of refreshing change of perspective if you ask me…ah age!
August has arrived and with it comes an outpouring of awaited books in series you love, new books by authors you adore and debut novels by authors who soon may claim a place on your auto buy list. I am reviewing one such book this week, that would be Eden Winter’s Redemption (a Bo and Lucky story). Stella’s got another Nick Wilgus’ book for you all, one that’s claimed her heart as has the author. Mika and Stella both feel that way about J. H. Knight…so check out their Double Dipping reviews of Breakthrough. Jeri’s reviews start in this week. Check out what her thoughts are of RJ Scott’s Undercover Lover and Double Cross by Shannon West. Aurora is back with our YA Saturday with a Lissa Kasey novel. I love her world building in her adult M/M fiction, check out what Aurora finds with Kasey’s YA stories.
What’s coming soon? Mary Calmes has a new Jory and Sam story, Piece of Cake, to be released from Dreamspinner Press, Heidi Cullinan has “Winter Wonderland“, John Inman is releasing another in his marvelous Belladonna Arms series “Coming Home’, and the Pulp Friction gang continues to ride that supernatural pony of interconnected stories into wild going ons and deathly doings! Next up? The last of the 3rd round stories, Diamond Edge by Laura Harner. And so much more. What stories are you looking forward to?
This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, August 2:
- Thoughts of Books and August and This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- J. Scott Coatsworth “The Homecoming” Blog Tour and Giveaway
Monday, August 3:
- Book Spotlight: The Camp by Victoria Zagar (excerpt and giveaway)
- RJ Jones ‘Black & Bluhe’ excerpt only tour
- A Jeri Review: Double Cross by Shannon West
- A Double Dip Review: A Mika Review: Breakthrough by J.H. Knight
- A Double Dip Review: A Stella Review: Breakthrough by J. H. Knight
Tuesday, August 4:
- In the Book Spotlight: Annabeth Albert’s ‘Treble Maker’ (excerpt and giveaway)
- Guest Blog: Jon Keys “Spurred On” Book Blast and Contest
- A Mika Review: Beyond the Scars by Louise Lyons
- A MelanieM Review: Lovers Entwined by Lillian Frances
- A Jeri Review: Undercover Lovers (Bodyguards Inc. #4) by R.J. Scott
Wednesday, August 5:
- Happy Birthday, Author Shira Anthony!
- MD Grimm ‘Agate: Then and Now’ book blast and contest
- Anna Butler’s ‘Heart Scarab‘ Keep Me In Mind tour and giveaway
- A Stella Review: Get Your Shine On by Nick Wilgus
- A Mika Review: Violated by Jamie Fessenden
Thursday, August 6:
- New Author Debut: Strength to Let Go by Alina Popescu (excerpt and giveaway)
- Riptide’s Bound with Honor Tour for Megan Mulry (contest included)
- Book Spotlight: ‘Redesigning Max’ by Pat Henshaw (excerpt and giveaway)
- A MelanieM Review: Groomzilla By Tere Michaels
- A Jeri Review: Fireworks by Aimer Boyz
Friday, August 7:
- Jump into the Supernatural with Victoria Sue’s Sirius’ Wolves (excerpt and giveaway)
- It’s SciFy Friday with Breeding Stations by Chris T. Kat (guest post, excerpt and giveaway)
- The Roughstock gang is back with BA Tortuga’s Blind Ride (tour and contest)
- A Mika Review: Ink and Shadows (Ink and Shadows #1) by Rhys Ford
- A MelanieM Review: Redemption (Diversions #5) by Eden Winters
YA Saturday, August 8:
- An Aurora YA Review: Evolution by Lissa Kasey