Pride Month Continues! Its Pride Weekend Here in the Nation’s Capitol!
Pride Weekend actually kicked off on Thursday with a splendid Rooftop event continuing on to the Pride Parade today (Saturday when I write the blog) and then the Pride Festival on Sunday. Each year Capitol Pride Weekend gets bigger and better! The schedule of events keeps growing as does the crowds who come to enjoy the entertainment and each other. There’s parades, music, festivals, dances, rooftop events and so much more. The diversity of the people flocking to the Pride events, smiling, laughing, the support and yes, pride that shines is amazing!
Never been here for Pride Weekend? Want to see what’s offered? It’s not too late for Sunday’s event or to plan for next year. I’ve got some photos from the Capitol Pride Alliance site for you to look at, for more visit their site or FB page.
Here are a couple of links to the Capitol Pride Alliance page for this weekend’s events and for their main page (they can always use the year around support):
Celebration 2017 – Capital Pride Alliance
Capital Pride Alliance: Home
Pride Month Giveaway #1 – Coming Out Stories
Pride Month Celebration continues, Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is having a Coming Out Giveaway. Enter to win a $10 gift certificate from Dreamspinner Press by naming your favorite coming out story! Author and title please. A winner will be chosen at random on Saturday, June 17th (that’s 2 weeks). You need to leave your email address where you can be reached if chosen. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, June 11:
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Just Drive (Anchor Point #1) by L.A. Witt and Nick J. Russo (Narrator)
- Pride Month Continues! Its Pride Weekend Here in the Nation’s Capitol!
- This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, June 12:
- Cover Reveal Blitz: Fast Balls by Tara Lain
- Blog Tour: Sex in C Major by Matthew Metzger
- Blog tour for Stoker & Bash: The Fangs of Scavo by Selina Kray
- A Jeri Release Day Review: Off Stage: Beyond the Footlights (Off Stage: Set Three) by Jaime Samms
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: An Island in the Stars by Susan Laine
- An Ali Audiobook Review: Power Bottom? by Rowan McAllister and Nick J. Russo (Narrator)
- An Alisa Review: The Running Fields by Sydney Presley
Tuesday, June 13:
- Blog Tour The Ties that Bind by S. Davidson
- DSP GUEST POST Andrew Grey on Setting the Hook
- A Julia Review: The Sidhe (The Heart of All Worlds #1) by Charlotte Ashe
- A MelanieM Review: Crossing Jordan by Shannon West
- A Stella Pre-Release Review: The Palisade (Lavender Shores #1) by Rosalind Abel
- An Ali Review: Aftercare by Tanya Chris
Wednesday, June 14:
- Blog Tour for Detour by Sid Love
- HARMONY INK GUEST POST Liv Olteano on Thirteen Mercies, Three Kills
- Review Tour – Summer Heat by Jay Northcote
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Summer Heat by Jay Northcote
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Ride Along (States of Love) by Meghan Maslow
- A MelanieM Review: The Lure of Port Stephen by Sydney Blackburn
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Until You (At First Sight #3) by T.J. Klune and Michael Lesley (Narrator)
Thursday, June 15:
- DSP GUEST POST BA Tortuga on What the Cat Dragged In
- Release Blitz for RJ Scott’s Kingdom Series vol 1
- Release Blitz for Clare London’s Romancing The Ugly Duckling
- Review Tour for Romancing The Ugly Duckling by Clare London
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Romancing the Ugly Duckling (Romancing the… #2) by Clare London
- A Kai Review: Boys Don’t Cry by J.K. Hogan
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Two Cowboys and a Baby (Dreamspun Desires #30) by B.A. Tortuga and Dorian Bane (Narrator)
Friday, June 16:
- Book Tour for Accepting The Fall by Meg Harding
- In the Spotlight: Back to You by Chris Scully (Riptide Publishing Tour and Giveaway)
- Blog Tour and Giveaway for Will to Live by M. Christine
- An Alisa Release Day Review: What the Cat Dragged In (Series: Sanctuary: Book Two) by BA Tortuga
- A MelanieM Review: Accepting The Fall by Meg Harding
- An Alisa Review: Darien’s Omega (Dire Pack Reborn #4) by Stephani Hecht
- A Julia Review: Love Plus One (Stephanie Spicer Erotic Touch Romance Book 4) by Gemma Stone
Saturday, June 17:
A MelanieM Pre-Release Review:Dragon Home (Supernatural Consultant #5.2) by Mell Eight
I’ve never been to Pride events since I don’t live in the US, though I follow the excitement through social medias from those going and participating in any events. I saw a blogger gather forces with authors on one of the events and it looks fun. Me being not too fond of crowds, just thinking of going gives me the hives. But maybe, someday, I could picture going there on a Pride Month and looking at a closer distance to all the merriment goings on.
Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy!
One day I plan to get to a Pride event – probably Manchester or Liverpool as closest
I’ve never been to a Pride event but it sounds like something fun and exciting to support.
My favorite stories that have characters coming out are:
Knight of Ocean Avenue by Tara Lain
Ready For Love by Stella Starling
Falling Together by SK (Shelley) Grayson
#gaymers series by Annabeth Albert
Thanks a Lot, John LeClair by Johanna Parkhurst
Patient Eyes by Andy Eisenberg
Since I live in a majority of Muslim country, we don’t really have Pride Weekend here. But I want to visit one one day, maybe if I go to a “closer” out of country like Australia. As for another coming out story, I love “Tigers and Devils” by Sean Kennedy and “Boy Meets Boy” by David Levithan as well. My email: amie_07(at)yahoo(dot)com
DC is one of my fav cities for a couple special reasons. I’m not from there, but on a trip 15 yrs ago that’s where I came out (so you could say that’s my fav coming out story :-); and on another trip that’s where I proposed to my husband. Oh my, a fav novel about coming out? So many, and as always I like to go for beyond the norm. So one fav is “Mysterious Skin.” With its coming of age there’s self-awareness/coming out to oneself as well as others, and it deals with tough issues, but that it all the more poignant.