Pride Month Continues! Its Pride Weekend Here in the Nation’s Capitol!
Pride Weekend actually kicked off on Thursday with a splendid Rooftop event continuing on to the Pride Parade today (Saturday when I write the blog) and then the Pride Festival on Sunday. Each year Capitol Pride Weekend gets bigger and better! The schedule of events keeps growing as does the crowds who come to enjoy the entertainment and each other. There’s parades, music, festivals, dances, rooftop events and so much more. The diversity of the people flocking to the Pride events, smiling, laughing, the support and yes, pride that shines is amazing!
Never been here for Pride Weekend? Want to see what’s offered? It’s not too late for Sunday’s event or to plan for next year. I’ve got some photos from the Capitol Pride Alliance site for you to look at, for more visit their site or FB page.
Here are a couple of links to the Capitol Pride Alliance page for this weekend’s events and for their main page (they can always use the year around support):
I feel that since our presidential election, we are living in an age where ugliness and intolerance is promoted from our highest office and that’s not acceptable. So Pride events, Pride Month and our support becomes even more important. My little flags from GRL? Outside and in my planters and Uber will get a workout this weekend. I hope to see some of you there if you live locally!
Also we started our Pride Giveaway last week! Don’t forget to enter! Here it is again for those who missed it the first time.
Pride Month Giveaway #1 – Coming Out Stories
Pride Month Celebration continues, Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is having a Coming Out Giveaway. Enter to win a $10 gift certificate from Dreamspinner Press by naming your favorite coming out story! Author and title please. A winner will be chosen at random on Saturday, June 17th (that’s 2 weeks). You need to leave your email address where you can be reached if chosen. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, June 11:
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Just Drive (Anchor Point #1) by L.A. Witt and Nick J. Russo (Narrator)
- Pride Month Continues! Its Pride Weekend Here in the Nation’s Capitol!
- This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, June 12:
- Cover Reveal Blitz: Fast Balls by Tara Lain
- Blog Tour: Sex in C Major by Matthew Metzger
- Blog tour for Stoker & Bash: The Fangs of Scavo by Selina Kray
- A Jeri Release Day Review: Off Stage: Beyond the Footlights (Off Stage: Set Three) by Jaime Samms
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: An Island in the Stars by Susan Laine
- An Ali Audiobook Review: Power Bottom? by Rowan McAllister and Nick J. Russo (Narrator)
- An Alisa Review: The Running Fields by Sydney Presley
Tuesday, June 13:
- Blog Tour The Ties that Bind by S. Davidson
- DSP GUEST POST Andrew Grey on Setting the Hook
- A Julia Review: The Sidhe (The Heart of All Worlds #1) by Charlotte Ashe
- A MelanieM Review: Crossing Jordan by Shannon West
- A Stella Pre-Release Review: The Palisade (Lavender Shores #1) by Rosalind Abel
- An Ali Review: Aftercare by Tanya Chris
Wednesday, June 14:
- Blog Tour for Detour by Sid Love
- HARMONY INK GUEST POST Liv Olteano on Thirteen Mercies, Three Kills
- Review Tour – Summer Heat by Jay Northcote
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Summer Heat by Jay Northcote
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Ride Along (States of Love) by Meghan Maslow
- A MelanieM Review: The Lure of Port Stephen by Sydney Blackburn
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Until You (At First Sight #3) by T.J. Klune and Michael Lesley (Narrator)
Thursday, June 15:
- DSP GUEST POST BA Tortuga on What the Cat Dragged In
- Release Blitz for RJ Scott’s Kingdom Series vol 1
- Release Blitz for Clare London’s Romancing The Ugly Duckling
- Review Tour for Romancing The Ugly Duckling by Clare London
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Romancing the Ugly Duckling (Romancing the… #2) by Clare London
- A Kai Review: Boys Don’t Cry by J.K. Hogan
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Two Cowboys and a Baby (Dreamspun Desires #30) by B.A. Tortuga and Dorian Bane (Narrator)
Friday, June 16:
- Book Tour for Accepting The Fall by Meg Harding
- In the Spotlight: Back to You by Chris Scully (Riptide Publishing Tour and Giveaway)
- Blog Tour and Giveaway for Will to Live by M. Christine
- An Alisa Release Day Review: What the Cat Dragged In (Series: Sanctuary: Book Two) by BA Tortuga
- A MelanieM Review: Accepting The Fall by Meg Harding
- An Alisa Review: Darien’s Omega (Dire Pack Reborn #4) by Stephani Hecht
- A Julia Review: Love Plus One (Stephanie Spicer Erotic Touch Romance Book 4) by Gemma Stone
Saturday, June 17:
A MelanieM Pre-Release Review:Dragon Home (Supernatural Consultant #5.2) by Mell Eight
June is LGBTQIA Pride Month!
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is celebrating Pride Month!
Its no surprise that Trump broke with Obama’s tradition of designating June as ‘LGBT Pride Month! But the majority of organizations, groups and government agencies recognize it as such!
Writer Peter LaBarbera in his article on Pride Month writes ” As LifeSiteNews reported last week, the U.S. Army Surgeon General and Commanding General of the Army Medical Command, Lt. Gen. Nadja West, issued an “LGBT Pride Month” statement.
Earlier, the State Department posted a pro-homosexual “pride” essay on its website, and U.S. Embassy in Macedonia flew the homosexual-activist “rainbow flag” beneath Old Glory to celebrate an annual LGBTQ activist day. (Under Obama, American Embassies from Spain to Israel repeatedly flew the homosexuality-celebrating flag abroad in this manner.)”
Our support for the LGBTQIA community has never been needed more. Get involved, march, show support! There’s so many ways in which to do this!
From Equality Now to the Matthew Shepard Foundation, to all the wonderful Pride Parades soon to come, let’s celebrate the right to love who you want, be who you want with equal rights and respect you are due. Happy Pride Month!
Pride Month Giveaway #1 – Coming Out Stories
To start off our Pride Month Celebration, Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is having a Coming Out Giveaway. Enter to win a $10 gift certificate from Dreamspinner Press by naming your favorite coming out story! Author and title please. A winner will be chosen at random on Saturday, June 17th (that’s 2 weeks). You need to leave your email address where you can be reached if chosen. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, June 4:
- Blog Tour – Unexpected Powers by Chris McHart
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: Wake Me Up Inside by Cardeno C and Charlie David (Narrator)
- A Free Dreamer Review Seidman by James Erich
- June is LGBTQIA Pride Month! This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, June 5:
- Blog Tour Waiting for You by Megan Derr
- Release Blitz IT COULD HAPPEN by Mia Kerick
- Release Day Blitz Painting Class by Suzanne Clay
- Review Tour Request & Giveaway: RJ Scott’s Back Home
- A Kai Release Day Review: It Could Happen by Mia Kerick
- A Melanie M Review: Back Home by RJ Scott
- A Stella Review: Tradeoff by Susan Laine
- An Ali Audiobook Review: There’s This Guy by Rhys Ford
Tuesday, June 6:
- Katey Hawthorne Release Day Blog for THE TAKEDOWN (Superpowered Love #8)
- Release Blitz – Something Like The Real Thing (Sing Out #4) by Hanna Dare
- RIPTIDE TOUR & Giveaway: Broke Deep by Charlie Cochrane
- A MelanieM Review: Junk (Bristol Collection #1) by Josephine Myles
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: THE TAKEDOWN (Superpowered Love #8) by Katey Hawthorne
- An Ali Audiobook Review: A Kind of Honesty (A Kind of Stories #3) by Lane Hayes and Seth Clayton (Narrator)
Wednesday, June 7:
- Cover & Blurb Reveal – Changing Lines by RJ Scott & V.L. Locey
- DSP GUEST POST Julia Talbot
- RIPTIDE TOUR and Giveaway: Action by Quinn Anderson
- A Lila Audiobook Review: Perfect Alignment (Thorne and Dash #3) by Silvia Violet
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Sunset at Pencarrow (World of Love) by Lou Sylvre and Anne Barwell
- An Ali Review: Action (Murmur Inc. #2) by Quinn Anderson
- An Alisa Review: Human Instincts (Roguefalls #1) by April Kelley
Thursday, June 8:
- DSP GUEST POST Jamie Samms
- Release Blitz – Accepting The Fall by Meg Harding
- DSP GUEST POST Lou Sylvre and Anne Barwell on Sunset at Pencarrow
- A Caryn Review: To Love a Traitor by JL Merrow
- A Kai Review: Conning Colin: A Gay Romantic Comedy by Elsa Winters & Brad Vance
- A MelanieM Recent Release Review: The Wounded Warrior (Rocking W #1) by B.A. Tortuga
- An Alisa Review: My Highland Cowboy by Alexa Milne
Friday, June 9:
- DSP GUEST POST Susan Laine on Tradeoff
- INTERLUDE PRESS TOUR Grrrls on the Side by Carrie Pack
- Release Blitz for Spring Break by Elle Keaton
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Road To The Sun by Keira Andrews
- An Alisa Release Day Review: Growing His Dream by Andrew Grey
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Draakenwood (Whyborne & Griffin #9) by Jordan L. Hawk
- An Alessandro Audiobook Review: As You Wish (Shatterproof Bond #1) by Isobel Starling and Gary Furlong (Narrator)
Saturday, June 10:
- Release Blitz for Stuff (The Bristol Collection #2) Josephine Myles
- Release Blitz for Summer Heat by Jay Northcote
- A MelanieM Review: Stuff (The Bristol Collection #2) by Josephine Myles
- A MelanieM Recent Release Review: Dragon Adventure (Supernatural Consultant #5.1) by Mell Eight