Tis September. A Most Literary Month!
But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness. The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head … The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on.
September: it was the most beautiful of words, he’d always felt, evoking orange-flowers, swallows, and regret.
We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer’s wreckage. We will welcome summer’s ghost.
Ah, September, that month so in between. Neither summer or fall, sometimes too warm, often too cold at night, it wavers never quite knowing where to fall. We’ve left summer activities behind yet the true fall events are yet to come. No pumpkins or fall colors…as yet. But we know they are coming. September fills us up with anticipation. With expectations. With enough everything, that it’s a month we still embrace as the quotes above reflect.
We know that September is also a month that is fond of things bookish as you can see from it’s events listing on the calendar as we previously noted. So here again is the September literary calendar events starting with this week:
September 6 Read a Book Day (this week)
September 8 International Literacy Day
September 11 Libraries Remember Day, because never underestimate the power of a Librarian or library card!
September 15 LGBT Awareness Day (I know…just because I thought it should be there)
September 22 Dear Diary Day, Love Note Day (because think of how many novels and stories started from these)
September 24 Punctuation Day (enough said)
If you all were to suggest a Literary Event for the calendar, what would it be? An International LGBT Romance Story Day? Triad in Lust Day? Quiltbag Aliens HEA Day? Give me some titles for our own special September literary events. Let’s call it our LGBTQIA Literary Event Title Giveaway! Have your title chosen and we will have Stella set you up with a $10 gift card from Dreamspinners. Giveaway runs through September 22.
And just in case you missed the notice yesterday, Instafreebie has great M/M short stories up for downloading until September 4. Check out our post with link here. Perfect for Read a Book (or story) Day or any day of the week or month.
Happy Reading and have a safe, wonderful weekend.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, September 2:
- Tis September A Most Literary Month
- This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- Release Blitz – Meik & Sebastian – Obsessed 2 by Quin Perin
Monday, September 3:
- John R. Petrie on Quarterback Crush
- Release Blitz – Nell Iris & Kris T Bethke’s Falling Into Love
- Release Blitz – Marina Vivancus – In This Iron Ground
- An Alisa Release Day Review: Somebody to Die For (Requiem Inc. #3) by Kris T. Bethke
- A Chaos Moondrawn Review: Rubble and the Wreckage (A Gabriel Church Tale #1)by Rodd Clark
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Review: Love at First Hate (Porthkennack #11) by J.L. Merrow
Tuesday, September 4:
- In the Spotlight Tour and Giveaway: Love at First Hate (Porthkennack #11) by J.L. Merrow
- Release Day Blitz Calling Calling Calling Me by Natasha Washington
- Box Set Book Blast – Lyon Road Vets Complete Series by Sue Brown
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: The Quarterback’s Crush by John R. Petrie
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Two of a Kindby BA Tortuga
- A Jeri Release Day Review: Love and Payne (A THIRDS Universe Novel) by Charlie Cochet
Wednesday, September 5:
- Retro Review Tour – Love & Mystery Box Set – W S Long
- Blog Tour: Time for Love by Lynn Michaels
- BA Tortuga on Two of a Kind
- Release Blitz – Buckle Up by Karen Botha
- A MelanieM Review: Time for Loveby Lynn Michaels
- A Stella Review: Courtedby Sarah Hadley Brook
- An Alisa Audio Review: Sweet Nothings (Amuse Bouche #1) by T. Neilson and Simon Ferrar (Narrator)
Thursday, September 6:
- Release Blitz – V.L. Locey’s Nightwings Collection
- Promo C.C. Dado on Denying Fate
- Private Charter by NR Walker
- Blog Tour Looking Forward by Michael Bailey
- An Ali Audio Review: Romantic Behavior (Bad Behavior #4) by L.A. Witt and Cari Z./Michael Ferraiuolo (Narrator)
- A Lucy Review: Stumbling in the Dark by Deja Black
- A MelanieM Review: Private Charter by NR Walker
Friday, September 7:
- The Billionaire’s Wedding by Geoffrey Knight Blog Tour
- Review Tour – Flare by Posy Roberts
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Raising the Bar (States of Love) by Leigh Dillon
- A Stella Review: Flare (North Star #3) by Posy Roberts
- A VVivacious Review: Love Spell by Mia Kerick
- A MelanieM Review: Ante Up (A Four Kings Security Story) by Charlie Cochet
Saturday, September 8:
- A MelanieM Review: In Vino Veritas by Sydney Blackburn
If I were to add another literary event to the calendar, it would be “Give a Kid a Book” day because reading meant so much to me as a kid and it means a lot to my kids. Reading can help kids in so many ways.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree….more about that next week! You and H.B. gave me an excellent idea! Hugs
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ok, This has been stimulating … and dangerous. Here goes with my imagination (I hope this is what you had in mind, because I had some fun here after not having time to think even scattered thoughts for a while):
Question Mark Day (Never Stop Asking Why)
Readers With Guilty Pleasures Day
Out-of-the-Limelight GLBTQ Genres Day (spreading the love to less popular genres)
Out of Your Comfort Zone Reading Day
Readers Reviewing Reviewers Day (let’s give THEM some feedback!)
Pay It Forward with Words Day
Perfect! Laughing…exactly what I hoped would come out! Thank you!
I’ve been donating items this whole year and I think it would be nice to have a “Donate a Book Day”.
Yes, I absolutely agree, H.B., so more on that next week. another idea and topic is launched!
Read in Public Transportation Day