Pride Month Continues with A Winner Announcement
June continues and so does Pride Month celebrations! We have had some wonderful comments and book suggestions for Best Coming Out stories. I’m going to put them all into a list and have them up by the last Sunday this month. Here’s some of the wonderful comments and recs we’ve had:
Readers Recommended Best Coming Out Stories!
“I’ve never been to a Pride event but it sounds like something fun and exciting to support.
My favorite stories that have characters coming out are:
Knight of Ocean Avenue by Tara Lain
Ready For Love by Stella Starling
Falling Together by SK (Shelley) Grayson
#gaymers series by Annabeth Albert
Thanks a Lot, John LeClair by Johanna Parkhurst
Patient Eyes by Andy Eisenberg
H.B. has several of my favorites there. Knight of Ocean Avenue by Tara Lain and the #gaymers series by Annabeth Albert. H.B. also has some I’m going to have to look up. Yay!
“Happy Pride Month to everyone of queer spectrum. A few of coming out titles that stay in my head are Kaje Harper’s Life Lessons, Josh Lanyon’s Death of A Pirate King, also John Goode’s Tales from Foster High. On the first two titles the coming out might not be the main issue of the story, but it’s something that affected the character deeply and overall emotionally engaging to me.”
Didi hit all 3 of mine, including a favorite Josh Lanyon series!
✒︎Purple Reader came through with a book I haven’t read either (so my list grows). Here’s what he has to say:
“DC is one of my fav cities for a couple special reasons. I’m not from there, but on a trip 15 yrs ago that’s where I came out (so you could say that’s my fav coming out story :-); and on another trip that’s where I proposed to my husband. Oh my, a fav novel about coming out? So many, and as always I like to go for beyond the norm. So one fav is “Mysterious Skin.” With its coming of age there’s self-awareness/coming out to oneself as well as others, and it deals with tough issues, but that it all the more poignant.”
That’s Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim. I’ve got a GR link included.
✒︎Suze294 also chimed in with an all time favorite of mine Sean Kennedy.
“Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy! One day I plan to get to a Pride event – probably Manchester or Liverpool as closest”
✒︎Ardent Reader surprised me with one of the first m/m books I ever read on her lists (non fan fiction that is). Here is Ardent Reader’s list:
Because of the great response, we are going to pick 2 winners this week! They are Ardent EReader and waxapplelover! Congratulations! You both win a $10 Dreamspinner gift certificate. Stella will be in touch with you both shortly. The rest of the comments, recommendations and full list will be up next Sunday.
Now for this week’s giveaway to finish up Pride Month!
Pride Father’s Day Celebration Giveaway!
Give us your best suggestions for books involving LGBTQIA families or LGBT people with children stories. I just finished last week’s wonderful Accepting The Fall by Meg Harding, with firefighter Zander Brooks learning to cope with fatherhood as the parent of a bright, frightened 5 year old. Terrific story. And Dragon Home by Mell Eight with William, the foster parent of two growing dragons kits (a whole different set of parenting skills required there). But I know there are soooo many out there! Let’s start a list!
So for Father’s Day, what books melted your heart? That had children, maybe puppies or kittens or both? Amy Lane’s Promises series just jumps to my mind. What comes into yours? Ones that break your heart and then puts them back together again. Stories you never forget because your heart won’t let them go….
Tell me which ones you love and let’s share our favorites. A random reader who leaves a comment or readers (you never know here) will receive a $10 gift certificate. Dreamspinner Press or Amazon, your choice. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Happy Pride Month. Giveaway ends midnight June 30th. Winners announced July 1st.
This Week at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Sunday, June 18:
- Pride Month Continues with Readers Recommended Best Coming Out Stories!
- This Week At Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
Monday, June 19:
- Release Day Blitz for Drama Queens and Devilish Schemes by Kevin Klehr
- Review Tour: The Great North (A Legendary Love Book 1) by J. Scott Coatsworth
- Release Blitz & Review Tour – Better Than Suicide (The Yakuza Path #2) by Amy Tasukada
- A Stella Release Day Review: Love Wanted by John Inman
- A MelanieM Release Week Review: The Great North (A Legendary Love Book 1) by J. Scott Coatsworth
- A MelanieM Review: Better Than Suicide (The Yakuza Path #2) by Amy Tasukada
- An Alisa Review: Chasing His Cottontail (Hoppity Shifter #1) by A.R. Barley
Tuesday, June 20:
- In the Spotlight: Chief’s Mess (Anchor Point #3) by L.A. Witt (Riptide Publishing Tour & Giveaway)
- Blog Tour for Sum of the Whole by Brenda Murphy
- A MelanieM Review: The Monet Murders (The Art of Murder #2) by Josh Lanyon
- A VVivacious Review: Reckless Passion (Reckless #3) by Amanda Young
- AN Alisa Review: Romancing the Bouncer by J.D. Walker
- An Alisa Audiobook Review: The Deep of the Sound (Bluewater Bay #8) by Amy Lane and Nick J. Russo (Narrator)
Wednesday, June 21:
- Review Tour for Enlightenment Series by Joanna Chambers
- Blog Tour for Strong Enough by Melanie Harlow & David Romanov
- Blog Tour for Queer Magick by L.C. Davis
- A Caryn Review: Beguiled (Enlightenment Series #2) by Joanna Chambers
- A Caryn Review: Provoked (Enlightenment Series #1) by Joanna Chambers
- A Caryn Review: Enlightened (Enlightenment Series #3) by Joanna Chambers
- A MelanieM Release Day Review: Patron by C.B. Lewis
Thursday, June 22:
- DSP guest blog SA Stovall on Vice City
- Release Day Blitz for A Way with Words by Lane Hayes
- DSP GUEST POST Sean Michael on The Dom’s Way
- A MelanieM Review: Fair Chance (All’s Fair #3) by Josh Lanyon
- A VVivacious Review: Sex in C Major by Matthew J. Metzger
- An Alisa Review: Forest of Thorns and Claws by JT Hall
- An Ali Audiobook Review: The Interborough (A Five Boroughs Story) by Santino Hassell and Michael Ferraiuolo (Narrator)
Friday, June 23:
- Blog Tour for Kevin Corrigan and Me by Jeré M. Fishback
- Release Blitz for RJ Scott’s Kingdom Series Vol 2
- A Barb the Zany Old Lady Release Day Review: A Kind of Home (A Kind of Stories #4) by Lane Hayes
- A Jeri Release Day Review: The Dom’s Way (Iron Eagle Gym #5) by Sean Michael
- A MelanieM Review:Kingdom Series Vol 1 by RJ Scott
- A MelanieM Review: Winter Kill by Josh Lanyon
- An Ali Review: Mai Tais and Murder by J.C.Long
Saturday, June 24:
- Release Blitz for Scrap (The Bristol Collection #3) by Josephine Myles
- A MelanieM Review: Scrap (The Bristol Collection #3) by Josephine Myles